Thread: Bugaboo users!

Default Bugaboo users!

Just wondering what age you put your child into the seat and out of the carrycot?
    DS seems to be a bit big to be in the cot cause he cant move his arms as they hit the side! But he is only 2months old and it says to use the seat from 6months!
    I put the seat on today but he looks uncomfortable? Any suggetions?
    Thanksx

Hi there,
    I switched to the seat at about 4mths. If anything, the bassinette component would provide more arm space than the seat. The main difference is that baby can see out of the seat component better. I would keep your bub in the bassinette for a bit longer - it is much better for sleeping and probably more comfortable and roomy for bubs. I would wait until your baby has good head/neck control before moving to the seat (ie. at least 3mths).

We moved DS to the seat at around 3-4 months (forgot exactly when!!) after he *decided* he wanted to see more. He had excellent head control from birth but we kept the seat in the reclined position until about 4 months when he could maintain it for longer and then moved it to the next more upright level. The main issue with putting them in the seat early is making sure the restraint straps are secure and they can't slip their arms from under them.

i am thinking about doing this soon as ds seems to want to look around... i def cant see him staying in the carryvot for much longer... he used to love it but now seems to get bored in there!!1

Thanks ladies!

Myles is real sticky beak so I think as soon as he can hold his a bit better we will put him in! He is pretty stong now but i might give it another month!

Thanks x