Thread: Bunged up!!

skorpy Guest

Default Bunged up!!

My baby sounds constantly bunged up.His breathing sounds as if he has always got a blocked nose and abit chesty.I remember my Daughter being the same when she was new born,but it still concerns me.Is anyone else experiencing the same thing and if you are,what have you done for it or could you do for it.

sorry Skorpy, not going through the same thing, but do you think he might have a cold or something? How did your DD go when she had it?

skorpy Guest

Took her to the Doctor where he said that she was beathing hard and just did a check up at the hospital.It does sound like a cold,and his nose does look slightly bunged,but I dont know whats best to clear it.I cant stuff anything up his nose obviously.And sometimes it seems like hes having trouble breathing

Can you go to the Chemist and get some Normal Saline drops, or some nasal spray? It's what we use for kiddos admitted to our hospital with respiratory issues. You should just be able to get it over the counter, and what it will do is loosen the boogers in the nose so that they can be expelled more easily.

skorpy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by *Princess Kylie* View Post
    Can you go to the Chemist and get some Normal Saline drops, or some nasal spray? It's what we use for kiddos admitted to our hospital with respiratory issues. You should just be able to get it over the counter, and what it will do is loosen the boogers in the nose so that they can be expelled more easily.
    Thanks for that Kylie,I will go out to the Chemist today and have a look.Sometimes it seems like he has trouble breathing and it is so worrying.

neverplan -- Good idea,I actually thought it best to keep him upright as us adults know ourselves we can breath easier when sat up when ahving a blocked nose,But the suggestion with proping a blanket or something under his mattress is a good idea.

skorpy Guest

Thanks for those

I phoned Pharmacy and they said because hes newborn its best to ring and speak to a Doctor.So I did and he would prefer to see Kai,so I am going later today. Probably just a normal cold,but cant be too carful with new babies when they have trouble breathing,specially at night when you cant watch them constantly

skorpy Guest

Its True what they say about a mothers instinct.

Kai Had another attack of breathing problem this morning which was the worst.So I tried the steam with the shower and it didnt work.His feet and legs went purple and he was crying so bad I started to cry,where he was haveing touble getting breath

After 2 visits to the Doctors surgery on Monday and then seeing a different Doctor Tuesday and then I Got a Doctor to come to me to my home today.He again examined him and then phoned a Doctor at the hospital to tell him his assessment of Kai.Came off the phone and said the Doctor at the hospital would like to see Kai as he thinks he may have a viral infection and will probably need antibiotics.So there we have it after all that worry and a mothers instinct of their baby not being well and hardly any sleep for 2 days,he has an infection and not just a cold.So im off now to the hospital once my son comes home from school.