Thread: Burping!

Default Burping!

Hi girls... long time no post!

My question is about night feeds... I put my DS, now 5 months, in bed at about 7pm - 7.30pm and he will fall asleep on his own. My problem is that I will feed him at 6.30 and try and burp him but he won't burp. He will then wake up 2 hours later, I will pick him up and he will let out a big burp and then go back to sleep... with or without another feed. This then continues basically all night every 2 hours.

Last night he went to bed at 8.00, needed burping at 11.30..... I fed him and he went back to sleep.... he then woke up at 1.30 and needed feeding. Then woke up at 3.30 and needed burping.

I don't know what to do because I have tried for up to half an hour of patting on his back to burp him before I put him in bed, but I can't get him to.

Is there anything I can do... I dont think he's hungry when he's waking, just needs to burp.

Very tired this morning!

Hi sorry no advice, hope you get some. Just letting you know my DD is exactly the same! only wakes up to let her burp out, its annoying (for her and us!) as shes nicely asleep and then gets upset, lets out a good burp when we pick her up, but sometimes it hurts her, so she gets upset again. My dd is 9 months old in 2 days time and

This is a trip my MIL gave me when my girls were young which I found hellpful

Life their arms up and also rub up & down under the arms.