Thread: Can your 14mo do this?

Talking Can your 14mo do this?

Jambin managed to unscrew a lightbulb from my bedside table lamp

It was one of the standard bayonet style ones, that you have to push down, then twist, then lift out. This, of course, left the power terminals at the base of the lamp exposed, and the power was turned on (because the powerpoint in under the bed, and I'm not crawling under the bed to turn the lamp off at the wall every time I use it).

I honestly thought I had adequately childproofed my house, but how can I childproof against things like that. It never occurred to me that he would figure out how to do that on his own.

Well DS is almost 14 months and I think he is pretty switched on for his age but I don't think he would have done this yet! Yes, there is nothing better than a toddler for pointing out safety risks.

OMG Cherie, that is amazing. I know of adults who can't do that LOL. What a clever little man he is!

The problem is there no such thing as a totally child-proof environment. My boys can always find something to hurt themselves on wherever they are!

My DH can't even do that - well I figure that that must be the reason it is always my job to change them!

Thats pretty clever...some adults cant manage a task like that!!!

How many Jambin's does it take to change a lightbulb? LMAO Cherie, that boy is too clever for his own good.

That is just amazing!!

It's a never ending battle, isn't it.

One thing I have learned, never underestimate the little people. Any complacency will come and bite you right on the buns.

Who'd a thought a 14 month old could or would do that???