Thread: Car seat bolts...who installs them?

Default Car seat bolts...who installs them?

I have a car with just ONE carseat bolt thing at the back. But I recently bought a booster seat that has 5 point harness and so I need an extra bolt, as baby will use the existing bolt when she arrives.

Do the ambulance install them or does anyone know the cheapest installers of these bolts?

Do you mean the clip thing where the seatbelt from the seat clips to the rear tray or the rear of the vehicle?? If so I believe they need a hole to be drilled and that you can do it yourself anyway.... but you could try asking at the baby shop cos they'd probably know someone who does it.

Yeah that's the one I mean!

I might ring the ambos and see if they can install another when they fit my baby capsule.

RACT does it, so your equivalent will too

Most cars will have them pre-drilled, so all you need to do is screw it in. What kind of car do you drive? If there are platic plugs in the parcel shelf, they would be where it is pre-drilled.

I did mine! Like Ali said, holes were there. Mechanics will do it too.

My car is a 2000 ford futura. It does seem to have two plastic round caps (not easy to take off though). They are not as far back as the anchor bolt I am using on the left hand side. I would have thought they'd be the same position?

So maybe they can come off somehow and I can screw in the anchor bolts then?

Both my cars have 3 pre drilled holes (which I only discovered when I asked the exact same q as you on BB).

The commodore wagon has tehm in the back of the passenger seats, and the corolla hatch has them on the floor of the boot.

The plastics caps on mine had to be undone with a screw driver in the commodore.

The capsule or child seat should come with the anchor, so you just need to screw it in to the hole.

I think being a 2000 model you car very likely would have them.

Oh cool, sounds good.

I just recently put a Hipod booster seat on layby at target. I think? it may come with the anchor. Be cool if it does. Now I have to go buy the protector child harness (which I found out is a LOT cheaper at BIG W than target (ON SALE). Crazy.

Thanks for your help!

I just checked. Flipped the cap off with the screw driver! Yay!! The holes are under the caps!! (the middle one seems not as far back for some reason). I guess there is a reason for that.

So happy I don't need to get anything installed!! Thank you ladies!

Every car seat I have bought has come with an anchor point ready to install. Those caps would be the pre-drilled holes so it should be pretty easy. The Hipod does come with an anchor (one of the many seat I have bought) but i got it before they changed the anchor to have the piggy back point for the harness. The harness will also come with an anchor, JIC you need another one