Thread: car seat recomm for toddler urgent

ttcno2 Guest

Default car seat recomm for toddler urgent

hi there...
    we need to get a car seat for our 13 kilo nearly 3 year old this weekend, and unfortunately not going to just be able to get a booster seat cos he is not 14 kilos. we need one which is really easy to put in and out, thats our first priority, because it will need to be taken in and out of the car.
    any recommendations of car seats suitable for 13 kilo toddler that are easy to get in and out?
    thanks in advance..

Lindys Guest

At 13 kg I would definately still be using a forward-facing child car seat that is attached using an adult seat belt and an upper tether strap (I have the Safe and Sound Meridian, but there are lots of different brands available). After my boys outgrow this restraint they will be getting the Safe and Sound Maxirider, as standard boosters where only the adult seat belt is used are unsafe for small children.

safe and sound Maxi rider,, We just recently purchased this for our almost 4 yr old son.. He weighs 15 kg but is from 8 kilos to 26kg as a 5 point harness then 32 kg as a booster.. it is exxy but so worth it

I have two safe and sound Maxi riders and wouldn't buy anything else. I'll get a 3rd on once Eleanor is able to sit in one.

We've got the maxi rider too for Yasin. It's great - they can stay in it as a 5 point harness for longer than any of the other car seats.
    It costs more but if there's one thing I wouldn't skimp on it's my babies' safety.

The maxirider is fantastic...we love Sammys. Id recommend that for sure.

Jo

ttcno2 Guest

thanks for the recommendations.
    no-one has said anything about getting the car seats in and out easily. I guess most people dont need to do this (the reason we do is that hubby has a business he has to use all of his back seat for, but we still need him to transport son on a couple of days a week so it means taking it in and out)
    anyone who does have to do this - safety is obviously our top priority but this is followed very closely by convenience!!

It's a bit hard when he's under the weight requirements for the booster style seats.

I know exactly how you feel because we swap the seats over to DH's work car quite often. You just get super quick at it after a few goes.
    For my 5yo we have a safe and sound pegasus which is better than the other boosters because it has the anti submarine clip as well at the shoulder strap guard. It has a 14kg weight minimum from memory though there is nothing on the seat instructions about the weight.

We've moved the maxi rider between cars a few times. It's pretty simple, like Sammi says you get the nack of it and then it's fast. The first time I installed Yasin's first seat it took mre half an hour and I got it wrong now I can move 2 in about 10 minutes or less.

I agree with the others. We also have the maxi rider for Jack as Thomas needed the meridian that Jack had been in. The maxi rider is definitely easier to take in and out than the meridian. We have done it lots of times and after a few times it is quick and easy. It's also a really safe seat so should meet your needs. And it will last right through until they no longer need a booster seat.