Thread: car seat recommendations

Question car seat recommendations

Hi,

I was just curious about carseats. We currently have a capsule but the little Miss is quickly outgrowing it so we are wondering what to get next. Does anyone have any recomendations? Safety? Ease of use? I am thinking of a convertible one so that she can still be rearward facing for a bit longer. I have done some research on the net but I think it is good to hear what people who are actually using them think.

Thanks

I'm not tooo much use, we've got two convertible ones - I think they're both Safe 'n Sound brand. Have had no troubles with them. Got them both on sale, that really was the deciding factor for me, I couldn't spend much money.

If money wasn't an issue, I would have looked at something like the 'turn-a-tot' (think that's what it's called), to make getting kids out heaps easier, and for the older one, one of the seats that goes up to 26kg. But yeah, the Safe 'n Sound ones have been fine for us, not too hard to use.

We have the Safe n Sound Meridian AHR Rectractor seat. We had Oskar in a capsule to start with then around just under 6 months went into the seat still rear facing. He is still rear facing now and is 15 months. I love it and have no problems with it at all! We had the ambulance fit it cos we had issues with it being firmly installed for some reason. When we have another, then I'll get the same seat as Oskar has.

Thanks Nelle and Cass. I was looking at the Safe and Sound Meridian on the RACV site and it seems the safest facing both forwards and backwards that I have found so far. Maybe I am putting a little too much thought into this but I just want to make sure Olivia is safe in case anything happens.

We've got a SNS too - we actually had a professional child restraint person fit our in our car only 2 weeks ago - he was telling us the gruelling tests these car seats have to go thru just to be put on the market !. SNS is a pretty reputable brand....

Good luck.