Thread: Car Seats

Melody Guest

Default Car Seats

Ladies, what is the age or weight guidelines for switching the car seat to face forward? (rather than backward for a new-born)

I just cant remember.....

Mine is 8 kilos.
    It should be printed on the car seat. Check all the tags.

Mine is 8kilos also.

I think most car seats are 8kilos.

Mine is also 6 months or 8 kilos!

mooshie Guest

from memory i think 8kgs and/or 70cms.

i remember talking at length with this with my mchn lani is a feather weight but quite tall, and she said there was nothing wrong with them being rear facing it is actually alot safer and in the USA the recommendation is rear facing until 12mths.

i think i turned lani at around 9mths - i got sick of donking her head on the car every time i put her in.

Melody Guest

Thanks so much for the info ladies.... Hunter is just getting so big that I am starting to get nervous about how I contort both him & myself to get him in & out.

I dont want to do the switch prematurely though.... he is 7.6k & 65cm so I am sure i will have to wait a little longer. Neck control is spot on.

I might pop into the racv guy & ask him a few questions as well....

Matthew is still rear facing as like Michelle we`ve heard rear facing is a lot safer for them, Matthew is 9.3kg and 73.5cms long (6.5 months) and there is still plenty of room for him, he`s happy and we are too

Hannah is about 8.6kg and is rearfacing still. Our car seat says they can sit forward from 8kg, but the rearfacing position will accommodate them until 12 kg (it's a safe n sound AHR meridian). We're going to keep her rearfacing for as long as possible, 'cos it's much safer...

Yep ours is til 9kg rearward. Im gonna try and keep Sammy in that way for as long as i can.

Jo

Melody Guest

Now that I have this info.... I think i will do the same. Thanks

dee it is good to hear that your seat has plenty of room still, i think we have the same one