Thread: Chewing on cot

Default Chewing on cot

How can I stop Lily chewing on her cot? Would the paint be dangerous? Because it's coming off where she chews at it. Not sure what to do.

I would say that the paint is babyproof or safe at least, espcically if the cot is to AS. There are alot of cots that come with a plastic strip along the top to help with chewing, so maybe you could find out from the localshop or supplier or maker of Lily's cot to see if they can get one to fit on hers?
    I think its just one of those things. It'll be us in a few months I'm sure!!

Tegan - I agree with Fi I would imagine that the paint on the cot would be baby proof and you should be able to buy the plastic strips from a good baby shop to slip over the rails.

Mark`s second son, Alister was a great chewer, the cot apparently was a mess, he`d chew on anuything wooden he could get his hands on and now at 11.5 years he still does at times!!!!! So since Mark had already been through a chewing cot baby we brought a cot with plastic strips on it for Matthew and now Matthew is chewing on them, that`s what happens when we have a baby who`s tall and can reach the top of the rails at 9 months.