Thread: Child Care

Default Child Care

I am thinking of sending MAdison to Childcare once a week, proberly one half day, I used to work in child care and swore that i would never put my children in to CC, but she has been driving me nuts lately, refusing to sleep through the day when she is tired and wont let Tim do anything for her, so i have to do it all, and sooks all the time, i think the break from me would be good and plus playing with other children.

I went back to work to have a break I put Matilda in one day a week to start for a few hours & then increased it as she got older. I found she responded really well in family day care but had issues at the centre, but that could have been because she was younger in the nursery & needed more attention & kept being put in the toddler room because she was advanced in her physical development. Anyway... family day care has been a godsend & she asks to go everyday now....

Kelly, my son started at day care (centre) at 7 months and I think it has been good for him. I think it depends on the child. Jack is very social and very bright so constantly needs activities and things to keep him stimulated. He is now there only one day a week and keeping him happy at home is a challenge. As Christy said family day care is a great option for some kids. I think it depends on the child as to what works best. But definitely it's a great idea to have them go one day a week or so. It is good for them to have some time away I believe, and mum definitely benefits from some time without the toddler.

Mason and Angus go into creche for one full day a week. They love it now, though it took a few weeks for them to get used to it. Some days they even ask if they can go play with the kids!
    I think it's been great for their confidence and independance. Mason especially has benefited from it. He's done a turnaround this year going from shy and introverted to very social and his speech has improved dramatically.
    I like it too. I can do stuff like grocery shopping without stress and tantrums.

KMH, it could be the best thing for both of you. As you say, a break is helpful for you plus the child is getting some play time in a different environment and it could be just what she needs.

My son will be going to family day care, starting around his first birthday and I'm thinking now he will probably love it. He is very social, active and loves people and I think it will be a good outlet for him.

I started Olivia on one day a week when she was 14 months, and she thrives at child care. She asks to go to "school" every day!! I started Charlie on one day a week when he was 12 months, and he too loves it, and claps his hands and laughs when we park outside the centre.

I feel totally comfortable with the centre we have chosen, and both Olivia and Charlie are very fond of their carers. (Two of them have now become family friends and they babysit for us at home too, on occasion.)

It is an absolute godsend for me. It keeps me sane. I love dropping them off, knowing they will be happy, knowing that I can have a day with just Lexie. (Often Lexie and I get back from dropping them off and then we indulge in just smooching together all day!) Or as Sammi says, it gives me a toddler free day to get tricky stuff done.

It is also handy for me to feel secure ion the knowledge that I have established a good relationship with the centre, so that I can use them in emergencies. For example, I had to attend a funeral interstate last week and was away for 4 days. DH couldn't get out of work for one of the days, so I called our childcare centre and of course they accomodated so that Olivia and Charlie were taken care of, which really put my mind at rest.

thanks for you advice, i will be going to check out a few centres next week,
    Sammi, which centre do your boys go to? I went to The Kids CCC yesterday, and that seemed to be alright, the worst thing i did was told them i was a Qulafied CC worker, next time i will go in paying dumb.

Indah started Family Day Care about 3 wks ago now & initially she had tears but would be in the arms of her carer crying but not stretching out grab me at all... Now she puts her arms out to her carer or wants to get down, it's a massive weight off my shoulders that she is now happy to go, she loves the older 2 kids that the lady has & even though she's not yet walking, she follows them & talks to them all day!!!!

She sleeps really well those nights too, but boy she eats heaps there too hee hee!