thread: children's dentist recommendation

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2007
    Glenroy

children's dentist recommendation

Hi all
    I'm after a children's dentist down my side of town (we live in Glenroy).
    Can anyone recommend someone? I have a nasty feeling dd has a hole in one of her molars

BellyBelly Member

Oct 2006
    Sydney NSW

I know Sydney's child has adds for paediatric dentists so maybe your version of that would have one?

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2007
    Glenroy

That was a really good idea, but no joy.
    Thanks anyway

BellyBelly Member

Jan 2006
    Melbourne

Lara its a bit of a drive (40 mins?) but we took Flynn to our family dentist (well, Mick's family dentist) - he is Dr Tom Hudson in Kilmore and was apparently great. Mick saw him as a kid and we both go to him for check ups. He used to practice as a GP too, so has a good "chair side manner". Speak to Mick about it if you like (he is home today with the ferals)

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2006
    Brisbane

I'd try your local dentist or the one you use also. I took Oskar for a checkup a few months ago and he was great. To my shock he actually sat there with his mouth open and let the dentist have a good check of his teeth! He's only 3! As for holes, Oskar has apparently had a few in his molars which is what first prompted the trip. They are black spots on the biting surface. He has VERY deep crevices in his molars. The dentist said though that the black meant they'd basically "healed" themselves. They weren't decaying. Brown is not good though. Also... I did call a paediatric dentist and they said I had to get a referral from a normal dentist first anyway which is why I was at my dentist but no referral was needed in the end which was great!!!

BellyBelly Member

Jul 2007
    Glenroy

I don't have a dentist . I'm rediculously phobic (tears, anxiety attacks, all that).
    I ended up googling family dentists and found a lovely guy in Moonee Ponds, it all went fine and it turns out that she has a chip in the back molar but he's not concerned.
    Thanks, all