Thread: Childs play at xmas

kath Guest

Default Childs play at xmas

I know that all the kids what to do for the best part of xmas day is eat and play with new toys.On this Xmas day it will be hosted by yours truley so i was hoping if any one had any great ideas on fun games to play for eveyone to play together not just the kids so we can all enjoy the day as a family.

Kath

Pietta Guest

Kath i'll have a think about it and get back to you!!

Maybe have a few spare DVD's for the kids like High 5 or something to entertain when they are tired & restless? I'm not a huge TV person, but having something to help get them through is often a life jacket for you Also anything bubbles works for most ages...

Good ole' outside Aussie fun like cricket, tandem tennis, footy, frisbee, a slip n slide that sort of thing? I'm not really big on sports but when I think of an Aussie Christmas thats what I think of!

In our family it was always the older family members getting drunk and the dads trying out the new toys (and sometimes breaking them LOL) and the kids fighting over the new toys LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Cailin, I swear we are related!!!
    Christmas for us is about all family getting together & 'CELEBRATING" with too much food & alcohol...!
    The big boys trying out & breaking the toys & the kids running around all playing together!!!!
    While the ladies chat & enjoy too many champers, wines & scotches!!!!

Tracey yep sounds like us! And for some reason everyone ends up flagging out at around 3-4 pm and then wide awake and kicking back with more alcohol and leftovers till the wee hours of the morning

What is it with dads breaking kids toys LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Yep it usually starts pretty early & then there becomes a lull time in the arvo, with a second wind a couple of hours later!
    Certainly is a Merry Christmas!!!!

Kath we do all the same things that Cailin has already mentioned. It normally ends in a water fight too if its hot enough. A net for volleyball is always good fun too and you can pick them up really cheaply. Adults love slip and slides too (well in my experience 8-[ ) and a bit of dish washing liquid can get the most stubborn heavy adult moving.

Hope its a wonderful day for you

Jo