Thread: christening celebration ideas

Default christening celebration ideas

Just thought i would see if anyone has any ideas on how/where to celebrate after the church part of the christening.

We have recently sold our house and are renting. The house will be to small for everyone (approx 30 adults and 8 kids and 3 babies) to come for back for lunch after the church. We will be having it in either May or June and cannot rely on fine weather or we would just go to a park or outdoor venue. I was hoping to find somewhere we could still cater for in order for the cost not to get out of control.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

One of my cousins went to the local bistro after their daughter's Christening & all the guests had lunch together. They looked at having finger food, but meals worked out cheaper.

Another had a morning tea type thing in the Church hall.

Our friends had morning tea afterwards in the church hall and it was lovely, a few finger foods and cakes. You could even get soemwhere like Red Rooster to do a catering pack as everybody likes cold chicken.

Church hall is often an easy and cheap option - depending on what you do for catering and usually allows plenty of room for children running around etc. If the church doesn't have a hall there may be another one locally

Thanks girls, for some reason i had it stuck in my head it had to be lunch-as that is what we did for DS#1. But considering the service will be with or just after the church service morning tea will probably work just as well and probably easier to cater for. Then family that we don't see often that have travelled a fair way can always stick around back at our place so we can catch up.

Thanks again!!

Hubbies church has a hall so we put on a spread after the service there rather than having people back at the house. I was so glad I stuck to my guns on that one too we were exhausted and DD had had more than enough stimulation and was so tired and cranky.

A church hall still offers a level of intimacy and room for kids to be a little more active.

You could hire a marque and trellese (sp?) tables and go to a park just check with your local council for any regulations. Or set up in your backyard if you have one.

You could go to a restaurant and everyone just pays their own way, chinese or something that does a buffet is always good.

You can ask people to bring a plate too to help with the catering.

ETA - Pubs also have function rooms for hire may be a bit exxy though but definately another option!

HTH Nae x