Thread: Christmas Trees!

Melinda Guest

Default Christmas Trees!

For those of you with toddlers, I'm just wondering where you will put your Christmas Tree this year.

Last year, it wasn't a problem as Jacob wasn't mobile yet, but this year, he's FULLY mobile and into everything LOL. I was thinking about putting it inside his playpen (he hardly uses it anyway). I'm just wondering though if having it in there may cause problems in that he'll want to get into the playpen with it and throw a tanty if he can't LOL. I mean, to a little toddler, a Christmas Tree would be a pretty exciting thing to be playing with! LOL

Ooohh I never thought of that! Lily's first xmas she was only 2 weeks old lol. Now she's into everything aswell! :-k We don't even have a play pen, but that is a good idea if you have one. Hmm, now i am stumped as we only have one place to put it ! lol #-o

With Maddy we just put it up & told her not too touch...
    We let her look & feel the tree, balls etc, but let her know she wasnt to touch it...
    We never had any problems, she was 13 months at her 2nc Christmas.

But I never moved items out of her reach as she grew up, I just taught her & she never touched anything...

We never had any problems with Kameron. Although we say lach is our devil child LMAO. But yeah he will just be told not to touch.

Love

i plan on putting it in the play pen too though i put the play pen up the other week to put the fan in there & eliana chucked a tantrum (dont know why cause she has never been in a playpen!) so will be interesting to see how she goes - she already points & squeals at all the decorations in the shopping centre

mooshie Guest

i think i will be going the playpen option to.

first dd and ds were always fine with the tree at xmas (although i do think ds tried peeking last year lmao a few little tears in the pressies) but i think the temptation for lani will be way to much. we have a beautiful tree that we bought the year jessie was sick it cost us around $500 and it goes all the way to the roof and is big and fat lol - most of the decorations are put on with little hook type things (a bit like paper clips) so that is my major worry for miss lani. just gotta hunt around for the old play pen tho.

I have been having this exact discussion with DH. There is no way Kaleb will stay away from it, the temptation would be far too great for him, and as for putting the presents underneath it ... aarrgh! We don't have a playpen so I have no idea what to do. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Maybe those of us who don't have play pens could put the tree in a corner and then block it off with something, god knows what though! lol Something like one of those fire gate things? :-k

Melinda Guest

Yes I think the temptation will be far too great for Jacob too. He'll want to attack the tree and the presents....most likely he would want to push the presents around, stand on them, see what happens when he throws them etc etc LOL.

So yeah, I think the playpen is what we will have to do, although I am concerned about potential tanty's because he won't be allowed in the playpen (obviously he will want to get in it with the tree/presents in there!). Plus just over the past few days he has wanted to get in there for some reason........he used to hate it LOL.

Another idea is to put the tree up on a table which the toddler can't reach....

When the twins were into everything I had a small tree up on top of the TV, but the last few yrs we put it in a play pen ( my dad made it, as we didnt have one) and only put cheap, not so special decorations on the bottom branches,