Thread: Circumsition - how will my little boy feel after it?????

Question Circumsition - how will my little boy feel after it?????

Hi there.

Charlie is booked in to get circumcised on saturday and i'm just wondering how anyone elses baby reacted after the operation - did they cry much? He is just gone 9 weeks old

Thanks

Jacci

P.S. - i cried when he got his needles so imagine me after this!!!!

mooshie Guest

jacci

my ds was circumsised when he was one day old. i chose to do him then whilst we were in hospital rather than go later as an outpatient. in all honesty he was absolutely fine, he actually came back to me asleep and content. there seemed to be no pain afterwards and no bleeding. the only treatment i needed to do was after each nappy change was to put a piece of gauze with a little vaseline on it and put it over before a new nappy went on.

is he having the bell done or the cut? my ds had the cut as the doc that did it was highly recommended and i was lucky that he was coming to the hospital that day. i would have had the bell done if he was done as an outpatient.

good luck

Thank you soo much for the info - i was so stressed about it - i was thinking he would of been in lots of pain - i wanted it done in hospital but - we got flewn to melbourne and had to be in special care - so they told me to wait .

I've had 4 boys circumsised and they were all fine afterwards. Just keep it really clean and watch for any signs of infection which your Dr will explain to you and I'm sure he'll be fine.

Seth was fine afterwards, I was slightly worried so I planned a day where I could just cuddle him if I needed to! We co-slept for most of the day (one of the only times he's let me LOL) and he was fine. I put vaseline not only on his penis but also on the nappy (a trick my gf told me) and we gave him two salt baths (in the bathroom sink) one in the morning and one at night. We had the plastibel and it fell off on the second day.

*hugs*
    Cailin