Thread: cleaning baby bath drain hose

annef6722 Guest

Default cleaning baby bath drain hose

hi ladies
    my sil kindly gave me her baby bath/change table. i wondered if any of you know how to clean the inside of the hose, that drains the water out of the bath? its sort of got dirt/mould(?) in it, where water must have sat in it for a while. i prefer to use natural cleaning products if possible, rather than bleach etc.
    any ideas?
    thanks

I dont use our change table bath but perhaps you can try just soaking it or try and stick some pipe cleaners up it to clean it? Im sure you could get some pipe easily from Bunnings for not much or somewhere like that if soaking doesnt work.

You could try a bit of diluted vinegar.

Can I just say a bit OT here... but OMG I am soooo daft... I have never used a pipe cleaner to actually "clean" anything! And how brilliant they would be for cleaning LOL! Getting in nooks and cranny's being bendy and all that... You've given me a whole new lease on cleaning life ROFLMAO... I know its bizarre but you just don't think of pipe cleaners as a tool for cleaning... moreso a craft item to make weird little animals, or pretend glasses or arms and legs or bug antennas LOL! And who has ever seen pipe cleaners anywhere but in the craft section LOL!

Goodluck with the cleaning... as you can tell I love the pipe cleaner idea... I'd say soak in vinegar then go with the pipen cleaner...

Don't mind me I've got the cleaning bug atm so I'm a little nuts LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Quote Originally Posted by Cailin View Post
    Can I just say a bit OT here... but OMG I am soooo daft... I have never used a pipe cleaner to actually "clean" anything! And how brilliant they would be for cleaning LOL! Getting in nooks and cranny's being bendy and all that... You've given me a whole new lease on cleaning life ROFLMAO... I know its bizarre but you just don't think of pipe cleaners as a tool for cleaning... moreso a craft item to make weird little animals, or pretend glasses or arms and legs or bug antennas LOL! And who has ever seen pipe cleaners anywhere but in the craft section LOL!

Goodluck with the cleaning... as you can tell I love the pipe cleaner idea... I'd say soak in vinegar then go with the pipen cleaner...

Don't mind me I've got the cleaning bug atm so I'm a little nuts LOL!

*hugs*
    Cailin
    Lmao.. i know.. mostly pipe cleaners we use for creative but their name is "pipe cleaner".. i wonder why they didnt call them fluffy bendy things

annef6722 Guest

thanks girls - i'll try the diluted vinegar, and if that's no good, try and buy some more hose,
    thanks again

yep - i think the easiest is to buy some more hose. The hose I use to drain the fishtank gets all festy inside, i've tried soaking it in bleach and everything... in the end.. so much easier to buy some more! hehe.

annef6722 Guest

hey girls
    i ended up buying a new hose yesterday, from clark rubber. cost 80cents!! so that was better than cleaning - i didn't realise it would be so cheap. should have got a longer length though, so i could run it from nursery to bathroom?!
    thanks for your help