Thread: Clothes for new born at the end of October.

Default Clothes for new born at the end of October.

What season of clothing should I expect to need for a newborn at the end of october? Both my boys were born in August so winter stuff was the go.
    So will I go for light spring type clothes? Are the wondersuits too warm for that time of year?

Hi FionaJill,
    It's usually still pretty cool in Vic during that time - not sure what it's like where you are! I would think that a newborn would be fine in wondersuits and other warmer suits. We brought Kyla home at the end of Oct and she was in wondersuits and those fleecy type suits from target.

Kameron was and end of Oct baby and he bascically lived in wondersuits etc, some days of course you would get warmer days so he would go in a short sleeved jump suit. At least with wondersuits it is easy to pop a jacket on or off if the weather turns a bit cool.

Love

Those new wondersuit two-pieces would probably go down a treat as you can put a short sleeved romper underneath and just leave off the jacket wondersuit top if he/she gets too warm!

Jordan was born 31st Oct and he mainly wore Bonds wondersuits and also the suits that do up under the nappy with no legs.
    It wasnt really cold when Jordan was born so he maily lived in wondersuits and sometimes shorts and t shirts.
    I wouldnt invest in too many warmer clothes in 000 as Jordan has only now just started to wear the warmer clothes (track suits, skivies etc) and he is now in 0's.

I asked a few friends this as I'm due that same time & their babies were born the first 2 weeks of November. They said they used 2-3 wondersuits for the first 2 weeks in Brissy & then went to short sleeve body suits & singlet suits with muslin wraps. I guess it really depends how chilly it gets in the evening where you are, but I know last year in the end of October it was pretty warm here in Brisbane.

skyelar Guest

Fiona we are in the same area & I have been buying jumpsuit type clothes. I *think* we will still need long jumpsuits for the first few weeks anyway! What hospital will you go to?

Hawkesbury, I have had all my bubba's there & I go there once a week doing my ABA breastfeeding rounds as well. I am a pretty familar face around the materity ward!
    I have plenty of wondersuits from teh boys but just wasn't sure if I would actually need more cooler stuff. I might get a few cotton all in ones too I think.

I would just get summer type stuff because they love being wrapped anyway, so if it is a bit cooler, just use a warmer wrap.
    But if your going to use your boys old suits then thats great. I liked saving the money for when they are a few months and no longer wrapped, that way ppl can actually admire their gorgeous little outfits! lol
    Cheers!
    Melissa

Yeah I figure out of the boys clothes I have, there is a fair bit I can get away with. Still alot of blue in the pile I got out but ohwell!

My dd was born in mid-November and I am Brisbane but we still had about three wondersuits/long sleepsuits for her and they definitely got used.
    Mostly though she wore short sleeved/short legged suits. But in NSW I think it would still be fairly cool (esp at night) in October so I would definitely invest in some cotton long suits.
    My bub is due end of October as well so I'm basically planning to do the above as that's what I ended up doing last time