Thread: Clothes size your baby first went into

Janie Guest

Default Clothes size your baby first went into

Just curious, as I have read a lot about people saying don't bother to buy 0000 clothes as some bigger babies go straight into 000. What size was your baby to start with?

It depends, you could end up with a prem baby or a small baby.

My first was born 15 days early at 6lb and wore some 00000 and 0000

My 2nd was born 13 days early at 6lb 7oz and wore 0000

Love

Yasin grew out of his first 0000 clothes in a week. In hindsight I could have just had him in baggy 000s and not bothered with the 0000's.
    I was putting someclothes he has grown out of away last week and I got a couple of his 0000 suits out and had a look. I can't believe he used to be so tiny.

Amy was in 0000 Bonds suits for a few days then 000. She still fits into some 0000 clothes now. She was 3.1kg when born and is now 4.3kg.

Matilda went straight into 000 we bought 2 0000 suits & they didn't fit.

When I was born I went straight in to 000 (I was 8lb 9oz and 4 weeks overdue)
    My brother was 9lb 7oz, and he pretty much skipped 000 altogether (OK maybe he wore 000 for a week or 2) and straight into 00.

I am buying a couple of 000 and mainly 00 as far as clothing goes - I figure they're too big I can always buy smaller, but if they're OK then I won't have bought anything too small. Most of the babies in my family tend to be on the large side, don't know whether thats just co-incidence..

If your hospital provides baby's clothes while you're there, you can always send someone out for smaller clothing if the need arises

Both my kids were 5 weeks early so they were in 00000's for awhile.

Nyah was in newborn nappies for 6 mths she was so small, even now at nearly 4yrs old she still is in size 2 pants and 4 tops, but has massive size 12 shoes LOL, so funny- she has offa feet like her Dad, he's a 13!!! ( and no the rumors on that aren't true- I wish they were.) heheh O

Will at 10 mths is still in 00 pants and tops, he only weighs 7.8 kgs,but hey they'll get there!! 8-[

000 for Hannah - they were pretty big though!

Debbie Lee Guest

Gabby's weight prediction was 8lbs 13oz. She was born 8lbs on the nose and lost a little while is hospital. She was in 0000 for probably the first month. She had 2 00000 outfits that she fit into but could only wear them for the first couple of weeks.
    I would say to have some 0000 outfits unless you know for sure you are having a bigger baby (say, if the prediction is 9lbs or over). Like Shannon said, the wondersuits tend to be smaller than other clothes so you could probably get away with 000's in those. Gabby is in 000 at the moment but 00 wondersuits fit her perfectly.

Nadia - LOL @ the foot size comment!

We have a poll on this subject, click here: What size was your baby wearing at birth?

Aidyn had a couple of 0000 outfits, but he outgrew them pretty much in the first 2 weeks!
    Although you will find size differences depending on the brand of clothing too - ie, Bonds = smaller fit, Pumkin Patch = larger fit.

HTH

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I agree with Deb have a couple of 0000 just in case, we had to go out and buy some cause I bought all 000, so I was kicking myself.

Melinda Guest

Jacob was 8lb 6oz at birth and we put him straight into 000. They were definitely too big for him, and he could have gone into 0000, but we didn't buy any since we were told he would be around 9lbs! In hindsight, I'm not fussed that the clothes were a bit too big for him as if we'd have bought 0000 he would have been growing out of them within a matter of just a couple of weeks anyway.

Hannah was 8lb 1oz born, and fitted 0000 (except bonds) for a month. I had a few good outfits in 0000 so she didn't look too daggy in the 000 stuff that was too big when we went somewhere special, but most of the time the 000 stuff was fine for her.

We had Alezander in 0000 until just before he was two months old & he was 8lb 14oz at birth. The midwives even said to me "oh you won't have to worry about 0000 clothes cos he's a big one" - so much for that, he was (& still is) a little shorty.

mooshie Guest

my bubbas have never been in 0000
    all biggish babies for me

1st - 1 day late 8lb 8oz
    2nd - 13 days late 8lb 9 1/2 oz
    3rd - 10 days late 8lb 9oz

so they have all gone straight into 000, having said that with my first she was a winter baby and i was given a lovely summer outfit in 0000 lol, shame none of them have been able to wear it - oh well maybe next one lol.

Janie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ambah
    We have a poll on this subject, click here: What size was your baby wearing at birth?

Aidyn had a couple of 0000 outfits, but he outgrew them pretty much in the first 2 weeks!
    Although you will find size differences depending on the brand of clothing too - ie, Bonds = smaller fit, Pumkin Patch = larger fit.

HTH
    Thank you to everyone (and Ambah for posting the poll link). For helpful indeed!

Blake was born 9lb 1oz, and wore 000 Bonds suits for about 2 or 3 weeks then went to 00's. He's nearly 9 weeks and he's up to size 0 in the Bonds. In Pumpkin Patch clothes he wore their newborn range, but was out of those in about 4-5 weeks. He's now pretty much wearing 000 jeans, although if I turn the 00's up once he fits those, and also 00 tops. He's currently over 13lb - about 6kg.

Vivienne was born 7lb 5 1/2oz and wore 000 Bonds suits - didn't bother with 0000's. She was 13lbs at 13 weeks/3months so she would have been wearing 000 non-Bonds clothes around that time.