Thread: Constant Diarrhea in 18 month old

Default Constant Diarrhea in 18 month old

My little girl is 18 months old and has always had runny poo to watery poo, diarrhea. She was born at 31 weeks and has been sick maybe a little more than some of the kids we know but is generally healthy. Her poo has been tested many times for various bugs such as Rotovirus, however has always come back negative, however I read somewhere that a bowl obstruction can cause diarrhea. I have googled it but not come up with much and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this... It would be much appreciated )

I don't know anything about bowel obstructions, but has she been tested for any kind of allergies? Milk/dairy can cause nasty poos, as I'm sure can many other allergies.

Default Allergies

No she hasn't but she had this long before she even started solids/dairy/milk... Although typing this, I just thought, she has been on formula since she was 4 month (2 months true age) so if she was allergic to milk could it be from the fomula? Hope I don't sound too blonde!

Possibly. Formula is based on cows milk proteins (if I am correct! But I'm pretty sure I am). I'd get her checked out if I were you. Maybe talk to your Dr about it?

i know sarah h had a thread recently about toddler diareha (sp) actually having something to do with not enough fat in the diet!