Thread: constipated - may b TMI

Default constipated - may b TMI

Milo is constipated - well its all very firm down there anyway.
    He starts crying or screaming while he's doing a poo, and when he does one, its like plasticine, on a cold day. :eek:

I've been advised by someone to put a spoonful or stewed & sieved prunes in his cereal in the morning - its this OTT? I"m not sure what else to do ,a nd I don't know whatrs causing it.

the only part of his diet that has changed lately is he is having weetbix and baby muesli/oats in the morning, but I wouldn't have thought either of these would cause constipation?

When Lucie went through a phase of being really constipated I gave her a little bit of prune, or prune juice in her rice cereal. I wouldn't give too much though. I actually found the canned prunes really soft and easy for her to eat - just be sure to remove the pip. They are a lot softer than the bags of prunes. Then I actually de-pipped the rest and froze them in an ice cube tray for later use (JIC!) so I didn't waste an entire can. Or maybe just try and give him a bit more fruit to get things moving? Like stewed apple?

Yes, the canned ones were the ones I was going to try. I tried to give him the baby apple& prune juice, but he won't drink it.

Mum just rang me to say the last one he did he strained so hard he vomited!... But she thinks they're getting better? hmm she has been giving him the brauer stomach clam, cos it says its helpful for constipation..not sure, I told her if it gets any worse to stop.

might try the extra fruit.

Pears are good for constipation, also a little bit of brown sugar in water for him to sit can help.
    Poor Milo

Yep, pears, a little bit of brown sugar disolved in water work well, as well as prunes. Just avoid bananas! (if you have the $$ to buy them!) They will bind him up.