Thread: constipation- brown sugar?

maggie Guest

Default constipation- brown sugar?

Hi

I have just introduced solids to ds-6mnths the last 2 nights. I gave him potato

Well the last 2days he seems to be constipated. yesterday he did not do his normal poo, it was harder then usual.. then his poo this morning was one little pellet and i could see him trying to push it out. IYKWIM

Potato can cause constipation, is this right? also i read that i can give him some boiled water with brown sugar. does this help?

thanks

Is he bottlefed? If yes, then yep, cooled boiled water and a little brown sugar has always done the trick with Jess. But when he has those hard poos himself, i usually just try and give him some water to drink on its own first and see if that helps. It usually does. If not ill go to the brown sugar as that will always make him poo like a trooper!

I also know mums who give diluted prune juice to help.

maggie Guest

Yes mum just rang and told me to get some prune juice and its safe for a 6 mnth old...

Yes I use to give my son Brown sug 1/2 teaspoon to 120mls cooled boiled water. It did the trick for him. My nurse at the clinic told me that.

Hope you work it out!!!