Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cooking dinner

The extra long gate we bought from Baby Bunting. It is a screw in one so no good if you are renting or don't want things in your walls. I have also seen Toys R Us have some extra long ones, for around half the price typically!

Kirsty77 Guest

I struggle with making dinner to!Gem wants all of my attention and normally I end up cooking dinner after Corey is home or on my days off its earlier in the day when shes having a nap!

Stormi Guest

I'm pretty lucky as DH is home by 3pm most days so one of us cooks, the other amuses Kenzie. But there are times when he is still at work etc and I am trying to make dinner, keep Kenzie away from the kitchen, help the eldest with his homework, and stop middle child annoying eldest child while doing his homework LOL.

Does Kynan come over to you and hang off your legs from behind? Kenzie does that, she's a little cling-on. She stands behind, grabs my legs, and sticks her head through the middle lol. Then she opens all the cupboards and has a hissyfit coz I'm standing there preparing food with my knees pressed against the cupboards.

I did used to put Makenzie into her jolly jumper while I made dinner, but she's getting too big for that now.

On further thought, an extra long gate won't even work, or not for long. Our dining table is postioned right next to where the gate would go and we don't have enough room to move it. It won't be too long before Kynan's climbing up onto the chairs and over any gate...

Lisa, LOL @ Makenzie hanging off your legs like that. Kynan tried to do that to me yesterday (not whilst making dinner as I have him in his playpen then) but I was wearing a daggy old pair of tracky pants and as soon as he grabbed on the pants fell down PMSL!

Maggie stands at the gate to the kitchen screaming and trying to fit herself through the bars. In the end I have to pick her up for a bit, show her what I am doing, then put her back again for another round of screaming.

I've lost the pair of pants in the kitchen too

Stormi Guest

LOL @ the lost pants! I've had that happen too! It's a great source of amusement to her big brothers, they run around chanting "We can see mum's undies! She's got red ones on"

Like some of you I let DP do the cooking, he does a great job and loves having set things to do so he feels useful. Otherwise I'd end up snacking and not bothering with dinner.

Lucky for us he works nearby so is home by 5:30-6pm. He couldn't cook at all when I met him nearly 7 years ago and wasn't very keen to start! His last gf did everything exactly the way he liked it and he was sooooo lazy. Looking back I'm surprised he stuck around, I must be good in the sack or something!

One night cooking tea I had my 2 yr old in her highchair, Torin in the bouncer and using my foot to bounce him, had hold of Siobhan whilst stirring the dinner. Lots of fun!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12