Thread: Cool, calm and collected toddler xx

Cool Cool, calm and collected toddler xx

I didn't know what to title this as, and I really just wanted to share.

Monday night there was a situation at home. I wont go into it, as people on here know me and dh... However, the situation got to a point where I scooped up Jensen, grabbed my car keys and ran out and drove off. I was bawling my eyes out. It's hard to drive like that

Anyway, Jensen, strapped into his chair in the backseat, was calm the whole time. "Calm down Mummy. Take a deep breath. Stop crying and breathe deeply. It's ok. Do you feel all better now?" he soothed from back there. It's hard to be distressed when there's an almost 3 (he's 3 on the 18th) year old speaking in such a tone that you don't hear from them. I'd have thought he'd be more strung out than I was, freaking out. I cannot thank him enough for that. Each time I'd start back up again, he'd start with his little mantra "Take a deep breath". Even just remembering that he was saying all that fills me with an awe that he was so calm and how much I love my little man xx

When we did go home (we were only gone about 10 mins), he sighed and said "Ahh, it's good to be home!"

Everything was sorted out when we got home, so it's all ok now

I read this on your blog but my flamin' comments aren't saving at the moment - that's one well trained kiddy!

What a gorgeous little man.

He sounds like a real credit to you

Sue x

Aww that is so sweet. You must say that to him? I know I have said those words to Oskar when he's having a meltdown. What a beautiful little guy you have

aww gorgeous little man, what a gentleman! xxxx

What a guy!! little man! Sounds like he's got a big future in psychology ahead of him!

I hope you're ok now

Amazing! What an amazing kid.