Thread: Cot chewing!

Melinda Guest

Default Cot chewing!

Jacob chews on things a lot LOL, but lately he has taken to chewing the end of the cot! Sometimes when we put him in his playpen, he will even chew on that!!!

I'm just a bit concerned about chunks of wood etc coming away etc.....can anyone offer any suggestions about what we can do to stop this? Is there something we could put on the cot/playpen? I was considering putting some of that plastic/rubbery weather-strip stuff (but obviously it needs to be chew-proof and stay on there damn well!)

TIA!

Mel, I am sure I have seen some "teething plastic" strips in BabyCo, made by Safety First.......it is kind of a double strip of chewable soft plastic that you fold over the cot rails.........

mooshie Guest

hi melinda

yup i have seen those strips that lucy mentioned - maybe worth getting them. jay was in a cot until he was nearly 3 1/2 yrs old and omg you should see the teeth marks i didn't realise they were so bad until we set the cot up for miss lani. he didn't seem to chew any wood off there are just hundreds of indentation teeth marks.

My baby used to be into chewing everything, and the MCHN gave me some helpful advice to give him something he is allowed to chew every time I caught him chewing something he shouldn't.

Melinda Guest

I'm going to go out today in search of those strips! Thanks guys!

Berry - the only problem with this is that when Jacob is in his room, I can't actually see if he is chewing on the cot IYKWIM? He will do it when he wakes up from a sleep.....he chats to himself and then has a little nibble. As for the playpen, I don't always see him doing that either. So I figured it is best for me to do something to fix this so that he doesn't do himself any harm. He doesn't otherwise chew on things that he shouldn't IYKWIM.......

Mooshie - you should see Jacob's cot....it really is ridiculous how he has mangled one end of it! LOL I wish I had done something about this earlier!!!

Melinda Guest

Update: I've been out hunting for these strip things, but apparently they are not made anymore!!! How on earth then do I stop him from chewing it now?!?! Argh......