Thread: cot matress?

Default cot matress?

Hi im going to sound like an idiot. But i have heard that with each new bub a new matress for the cot is needed becasue their body molds to the matress and is not good fort he next bub. Is this true? I dont mind buying a new one just not sure what to do TIA

I've always lived by the belief - "New Baby, New Mattress" - I'm sure there are alot of reasons for it - in paticular Sid's Concerns, I'm sure if you look at their website it will be highlighted.

i personally think it's an inexpensive way for some peace of mind - I don't like living with the "what if's" - however some people are more than prepared too....each to their own I suppose

I hadnt even though of that... we got our cot and matress second hand from friends and were just going to use the matress they used. There is some info on the sids and kids websites about it.. it basically says that if the matress is in good condition and is form and fits well into the cot, then it is ok to use second hand. So i would probably use the same one if it is in good condition, but get anohter one if the one you have is really worn and ratty.

SIDS recommendations are a new mattress per baby.

Depending on who you speak with, and what you read, you will get a number of different opinions on this, and reasons for an against.

I will be replacing the cot mattress with each child.

Thanks ladies I will be buying a new one. $150 is worth it, thats for sure. Im a paranoid mummy so as Diana said "peace of mind"