Thread: Cot Mattress Recommendation?

Cee_Cee99 Guest

Question Cot Mattress Recommendation?

I'm so excited tomorrow we are picking up a cot (3rd hand) so we will need to get a new cot mattress. Can anyone recommend a good one?

Thanks girls!
    luv
    CC

the breath easy are supposed to be great well its what I have

It doesn't really matter I dont think. Its much more important to make sure the fit is a good one. They need to be really, really snug against each side of the cot, so its worthwhile ensuring that you get the right size. I think there are about 5-6 different common ones?
    Also, we got one side plastic, one side normal, but she has never wet through to the mattress, so it didn't matter so much.

yep, the main thing is that the mattress fits the cot.
    I think the SIDS and Kids website has information on the safety recommendations, from memory its no more than 2.5cm gap between the cot sides and the mattress, but check this.

Some cots, my Boori cot being one of them, are a non standard size and so I have to have a boori mattress or it won't fit.

I prefer the innerspring mattresses over the foam ones.

Cee_Cee99 Guest

thanks girls... well, we picked up the cot and we have now discovered that it is a non-standard size as no mattress fit it? They are all so big? So looks like I now need to buy a new cot as apparently having a mattress made to fit will cost a lot of money... darn... oh well... thanks for replies!

Cee_Cee99 Guest

no, it is not a borri cot, I'm not sure what it is.... but I know the borri range is supposed to be excellent - not sure it is in our budget! Going to check around now! cheers girls!

if you are worried about price there are some greta online stores, we got a cot for $249 down from $399 perfect cot and delivered to QLD for $39 from sydney and only took 2 working days to get here if ya email me on [email protected] I can give ya some links in ya like

Cee_Cee99 Guest

thanks Rach,
    I have emailed you as I would love some links.
    thanks

email sent back hope they are helpful