Thread: Craddle cap in 20month toddler

Default Craddle cap in 20month toddler

How do I get rid of craddle cap on my DD scalp? It is pretty thick layer and she has a fair bit of hair (finally!). I use QV to wash her and her hair - is there a better shampoo to use?

17m old DD2 has had it badly too. I used the Moo Goo Scalp cream and it went straight away.

Yep Moo Goo is great.
    If you go to a Organic health food shop like a Replenish, they have a great range of products for baby skin and hair. The guy I saw at my local Replenish mentioned that cradle cap was usually a result of not enough of Omega 3 (oil fish). They also sell all the Moo Goo products.
    They would also take a look for you and recommend what to do.

my two girls had bad cradle cap...I got some baby massage oil from the tinderbox and it worked well just had to rub it in and then use a brush or comb to kinda loosen it.

Best thing ever is to make a paste using bi carb & water. Smooth the paste over their head and leave until it is dry. Wash it all out and the cradle cap should be gone! I swear by this method, it has worked brilliantly for all my children. I wash it out in the bath and their skin becomes softer because of the bi carb going in the bath.

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa View Post
    Best thing ever is to make a paste using bi carb & water. Smooth the paste over their head and leave until it is dry. Wash it all out and the cradle cap should be gone! I swear by this method, it has worked brilliantly for all my children. I wash it out in the bath and their skin becomes softer because of the bi carb going in the bath.
    hmmm I did try this but I didn't let it dry. I use moogoo for her nappy rash as well so I know thats a great product. I will try the bi carb again and if they doesn't work I will try everything else!
    Thanks so much everyone