Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cradle cap

Default Cradle cap

Any suggestions for getting rid of cradle cap? Tallon has a couple of small patches. Olive oil doesn't seem to be doing anything.

try putting on Sorbolene really thickly and leaving it for a bit. The scales should soften and losen so you can comb them off.

Years ago when I babysat a friend's baby, I was horrified to see his entire head was full of cradle cap. After speaking with my Mum (She's had four kids), she suggested rubbing some baby oil onto it, letting it soak and then very gently scrape it off with your fingernail. It did the trick, and his head looked SO much better!!! And, it never came back!

Hope that helps!

Celsie. xoxox

Maddy still gets it from time to time, and usually in a small patch over her fontanelle (or however you spell it! *L*). I massage with a vegetable based oil and then using her baby brush, brush in circle patterns and it usually lifts nearly all of it immediately.

Ivana..... I suggest you mix bicarb soda & water to a paste (a little water) then smear it on Tallon's head & let it dry, then rincse off in the bath... It will be all gone!!!

If Indah gets a small patch I smear it on about 45 mins before her bath It does go everywhere they put their head but no biggie!!! It also gives bubs super soft skin & so doesnt harm/hurt bathing them in it...
    I only add a teaspoon of Bicarb to Indah's bath... She has gorgeous soft silky skin...

My mum used bi carb soda mixed with oil or water on me and I've used in on Mackenzie too. Make it into a paste then leave it on for 30 minutes and then wash it off. It worked well for us - it did leave a little red spot for a samll amount of time but it worked!

That sounds like such a cool natural remedy Barley, will have to try that on Maddy's cradle cap!

oh thanks guys. might give the bicarb a go tonight before trying oil again.

Beckibee,
    I bath her in it nightly, I rarely use soap... I use it as shampoo too (coz she has a head of hair!) It mightnt smell like Roses, but truly it's so soft & gentle!!!

I found a spot or two on Blake's head earlier in the week. I might give it a try too, Tracey!

We use bepanthan, lather their head before bed (or affected area) and then let them sleep on a towel, in the morning have a bath and wash it off and it will have come off. No scratching or anything just comes off by itself, it just disappears...

*hugs*
    Cailin

This is great, I was starting to get a little frustrated with the oil. It mostly works but doesn't always get all of it off. We've got Bepanthan at home so we might have to try that if the bicarb doesn't work!

hehe.. where would you be without your bicarb tracey? your like the father in My Big Fat Greek Wedding using windex for everything! PMSL

The only thing that worked for Lily was time. She has had it since a few days after birth and it's only just gone within the last month, and she is 18 months old. It got so bad, it was all over her head and in and behind her ears. Everything we tried made it worse more than anything. I was freaking out coz every time i'd get some off her hair would come off with it. Only in the last week has her hair got really thick on top, thank god.

The Lush soap is the only thing which worked on Matthew, it was brillant, doesn`t smell too good but works.

Hi - I tried a few things with Alexs' head - olive oil, bicarb and found that lucas' paw paw ointment worked a treat ! It's in an orange tube or tub in the chemist.

Think layer of good old vaseline also works - then comb out after a few hours or overnight.

I forgot to do the bicarb thing before DH had run the bath. I've got pawpaw ointment, but Tallon's in bed now. I might try some of these suggestions tomorrow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast