Thread: cradle cap in fontenel

Default cradle cap in fontenel

I have just noticed my little girl is begining to get crustys in her fontenel(sp). Any suggestions of lifting it or best to leave it alone.
    Bec

One trick is using baby oil. Apply it to the head leave over night and then wash out the next morning any flakes should lift away when lightly brushed.

Love

Default reply

Hi sweetie, dont pick any stubborn bits, there's a cradle cap oil thing at the chemist, it's got a cartoonish purple baby on the front and it's really good, ask the chemist they'll know.

Debbie Lee Guest

Bec - my MCHN suggested making a paste out of bi-carb soda and water. She said to put it on bub's head for a little bit then shampoo it out. I did it with Gabby and she no longer has cradle cap.

Bec - I just rub a little almond oil on Jenna's head after her shower/bath and when I'm giving her a rubdown. It doesn't get rid of it, but it certainly keeps it undeer control. I'm lucky she has hair so it hides all the scaley bits, but I've read it will all disappear usually around the 6month mark.

Fi

Custardtart Guest

If cradle cap is persistent and the 'oldies but goodies' treatments of a bicarb and water paste or olive oil don't work, head for Lush and pick up a block of their Soak'n'float. It smells strong because of the herbs in it, but it is VERY safe to use on baby skin (my daughter can't use commercial soaps and shampoos due to allergies, but she is fine with this) and it cures the problem with only a couple of applications.

Kerrie

I used the Bi-carb on glenn and must say I was very impressed!

I tried the bi-carb on Ryan last night because he had it pretty bad, and now you can't even tell he had it, it's fantastic!

Stormi Guest

My DD has it too - how do you make up the bicarb? Just into a spreadable paste?

The stuff at the chemist is called Egozite (not sure if there are others)

I used to rub sorbolene in to the scalp and aftert he bath the next day it sort of bubbles up, using a soft baby brush helped it coem away and it never came back either.

Cheers michelle

Default Cradle Cap

Bi-carb soda and oil or water was what my mum used on me 35 years ago and I used on Mackenzie. We just made it up into a paste. The only thing I suggest is that you try it on a small area first just incase you get a bad reaction. It worked wonders for us and Mackenzie never got it back in the same place twice!