Thread: Cradle cap on older bub with hair

Default Cradle cap on older bub with hair

Lucie has pretty bad cradle cap that seems to have become worse. I am trying avocado oil atm after visiting the health food store. Any other suggestions? She has a fair bit of hair and the oil kind of just gets stuck in that!

yep, just oil her up - I use olive oil on Blake when he has it - and then wash it out later on. If you know you're not going out in the afternoon, put it on at lunch time and watch her hair with the bath after dinner (or whenever she has her bath). The longer its on the better. Also brushing with a soft baby brush helps - even when they have hair.

Soph - The lush soap is a godsend here, I haven`t used anything else since Christy mentioned it to me when Matthew was a baby and we were having cradle cap problems. It smells aweful but works a treat.

HTH

Dee

Dee - What is the lush soap? Is it specifically for cradle cap? I might have to get my sis to get me some and post it up!

Oh yeah, I remember that soap Dee. We used it on Blake too. It worked but stunk! I got one of the teachers at my DD's school to buy it for me cause she was going to Chadstone (where the closest Lush was) that night. I felt so bad for her cause it stunk her car out for days! Can't remember which one it was. maybe one for dandruff for big people?

ok guys I need the name of this wonder soap pleeeeeeeeeeassssssssse

Soph - I`ll go hunting for you as I can`t remember the name LOL I ordered it over the net and it arrived within days, you will not be disappointed (just wear a mask when using it LOL)

Soph - I`ve PMed you

If anyone else is interested the name of the lush soap is soak and float.

I just used sorbelene when Jesse had cradle cap. Rub a fair bit in and just leave it. Then wash it out with shampoo and vigeroursly dry with a soft cloth or towel. Do that 3 times a day. Worked for Jesse.

With my boys I just used baby oil and then actually purchased a lice comb and gently brushed their hair and it flaked right off. The fine-ness of the comb lifted the flakes straight out of the hair.

Love

Ok, it's a bit out there - but I've heard cradle cap can be related to a gluten intolerance. My 2 yo and 10mth old have had it for a while (not too bad, but its been there). anyway, I noticed yesterday that it was better, and realised that we had been pretty gluten free the last couple of days (not intentionally, we just haven't had bread in house).

Something to think about...

We just used the oil & then combed it out. Emma had heaps of hair too. I just put hats on her for a few days.

Bit out there, but it's cleared up my psoriasis and Darcy's CC (she's bf). I take 1000mg omega 3, 6 & 9 3x daily.

Pretty sure you can get kids doeses too.

I found a product called Mustela Foaming baby shampoo whilst living in NZ, it was fantastic and since using it every person who has borrowed or bought their own has not had a problem with Cradle cap. I unfortunately tried the oils/combing etc with my daughter until she was 3 months old then found this shampoo and within no time it had cleared up. I used it on my son from birth and never saw a speck of cradle cap. I have reccommended this to so many people and have had excellent results from all my friends who have used it. I even had a friends son who had the worst cradle cap (smelly also) that had been there for a few months slowly getting worse and after only a week or so of using the shampoo it cleared up and has never come back.

Oils work for some but I found this a really nice shampoo to use anyway, with the bonus of preventing cradle cap.

It is in the Mustela range of baby products. Foaming baby shampoo, helps to prevent and clear cradle cap. Not sure of exact phrase on the bottle but it is a round container which has a clear lid and it comes out in a foam.

I am in Melbourne and was able to get it from a pharmacy in Camberwell, have since heard that it is available at other pharmacies but may have to be ordered in. Retailed for $14.95 when I purchased it as a gift for a friend in Oct last year.

Good luck clearing it up
    Heidi