Thread: Crawling....does anyone remember...??

chookette Guest

Default Crawling....does anyone remember...??

Does anyone remember how long it took to start crawling once their bubs could get onto their hands and knees (in a crawling position and rocking back and forth)??
    And also (just curious) what age did your bubs start crawling?

Thanks heaps!

chookette

Oh and also forgot to add....did anyone have bubs that started crawling before they could actually sit on their own? Is that possible?

I'm not entirely sure on dates... I know Matilda started commano crawling around 5months and sat up at 6 months and she would rock on all fours for ages and I think it wasn't until she was almost 7months that she crawled properly. HTH!

colleeg Guest

Hey there Chookette
    My DS started crawling at around 5 months but as you say it was kind of rocking for a while then a comando crawl on his tummy and then a very slow motion crawl. Occasionally he would fall over becuase he didnt have the coordination going! he sat up soon after he crawled though. So by 6 months he was on the move.

My DD started commando crawling at around 7 months but didn't start properly crawling until around 10 months.

My DD started commando crawling at 5.5 months and proper crawling about 2 weeks after that. I do think that that is on the young side though :-k It was only a matter of days that she went from rocking stage to crawling. And yeap she could crawl before she could sit by herself - I thought it was a bit strange!

Aidyn could rock on all fours from earlier than 6 months I think, but he did not start crawling until he was 10 months. He skipped commando crawling altogether.

yes my nephew crawled before he sat!!

Evan started sitting up on his own for extended periods at 6mo, commando crawling around 7mo, and rocking on all fours around 8mo. Started proper crawling at 8.5mo. He is now pulling himself up onto things and walking around the coffee table, also standing on his feet with his hands on the floor.

Hi Chookette - Matthew commando crawl at 6.5 months, started rocking back and forth up on his knees at 8 months, crawl at 8.5 months, standing at 9 months. He would sit on his own at just under 6 months but would sit himself up at 8 months.

Lindsay was about 7 months when he started doing that, and then he was crawling by 8 - 8.5 months. The girls never rocked on their hands and knees at all and Erin was crawling at 4.5 months (trust me - never wish for an early crawler!) and Paige was crawling at 6 months.

As for crawling before sitting, Lindsay could sit on his own before he could crawl and Erin was 6 months before she could sit upright on her own. She would just prop herself up on one arm to sit. Paige started sitting and crawling in the same week.

Check out the Age of Baby's Firsts thread HERE

Kirsty77 Guest

Gemma never commando crawled just straight into crawling!She was 6 months and was up on all fours rocking for a couple of weeks before hand.

Indah is currently rocking on all 4's & has been for about 3-4 days, she crawl slowly in reverse & commando crawls forwards, she will sit if propped up, but eventually tips over.. I think it wont be long til she is crawling frontwards, not sure about sitting as she just prefers to lie on her tummy, rather than sitting up...