Thread: Crying when pooing

Default Crying when pooing

Hey ladies,
    Recently over the past week Izzy (15months) has been crying when she does a poo usually shes standing somewhere playing then she will just stop and start crying a lot! And i dont know what to do, its not really hard poos its like a normal soft poo...

What can i do about that?

is everything ok down in bottom land?
    Check to make sure she has no bleeding or nappy rash near her anus.

Otherwise encourage a little more water to help soften even more

I would take her to the dr if you are worried,

my DD was having the same problem, she just suffers with incredibly large poos and they hurt her when she has to go, the doctor told us to get some stuff called parachoc to help soften them more so that it was easier on her to push it out,

i says on the bottle that it can be taken by above 12 month olds, so maybe have alook at that it really did help, and I find after a couple of weeks using it we only need it now and then these days when she is having a hard time,

we mix it in with a little milk and it tasted like chocolate its quite nice. you can increase or decrease the dose till you get it just right.

There is no nappy rash or reddiness down there. It looks like a normal cute bum

She drinks lots of water every day and they are kinda soft,

I will go to the doctor if she is still doing it tomorrow thanks girls!

Anything else it could be beside all of the above suggests? Maybe not liking the feeling of doing it in her nappy or something?

It could be that too Cass
    i know a friend little boy is really embarress about pooing and hides when he needs to do one and crys when he doesnt have his nappy off?
    Maybe she has a lot of wind at the same time

is she on formular or cows milk. Cooper used to absolutely scream when pooing, he still has days when he does, we tried the parachoc coloxyl drops and had no success, then out of desparation my freind noticed he was on full cream milk and told me to try Trim, and it has worked, seems anything with full cream in binds him up. Good luck with it all

Cass, Darcy did that for a while. I think it comes at the time when they are aware of what's going on. It's a weird feeling I guess. Darcy seemed to cry when they were big poos, not little ones. Regular consistency too. She grew out of it.

Hi Cass my name is Cass 2

I remember my eldest dd going through that around the same age and I felt so awful. I just increased her fruit intake and fluid intake that day and put sudocream down that area even that she didn't have anything wrong down there and later in the day it just passed. And also, I was giving her warm bubble baths. I hope its nothing serious with your darl, let us now how its all going

Could she have a fissure (little crack in the anus that opens when she poos)? That might make her upset.

It's terrible when they cry while pooing, DD gets constipated fairly often and it's so upsetting watching her.

Adults and babies can get anal fissures- tiny little cracks around the anus that hurt when doing poos. They can't be seen I don't think. Just something to consider/keep in mind. I think they are caused by large poos and also childbirth.

Cally- I typed mine then went to crying DD before I sent it! Snap.

Hey thanks for all your replies! will definitly keep an eye on here!
    Those fissuers are painful i had one after izzy was born (TMI sorry lol)

Thanks!