Thread: Crying whenever I eat!

Default Crying whenever I eat!

My 7 1/2 month old chucks the biggest screaming/crying thing whenever I try to eat lately. I always give him his meal before I prepare and eat my own so he shouldn't be hungry.

He eats 3 meals a day, 1 bottle of formula and about 5ish BF's as well (2 of which are during the night) and he is offered water around the clock. Is this enough food for him? He seems to be a bottomless pit and so I have been worried about overdoing it with the solids - currently I give him about 1/2 cup per meal.

Any solutions on what I can do? I need to eat healthily to try and maintain my weight and milk supply (I'm loosing weight fast - now 45kgs myself ) At the moment, I seem to be grabbing food on the run which is never the best way to eat - and certainly not eating enough for a BF'ing mum!

If I put him on his playmat out of my sight he will scream until he can see me - so I can't "hide" and eat.

Have you tried eating with him?. I know Kaitlyn from a young age enjoyed us eating together...I just used to do a mouthful from my place for me and a mouth full from her plate for her .

And everytime he has a snack maybe you try and have one as well .

I swear motherhood is the easiest way to lose weight isnt it!!!! ...

I would eat with him. Make you meal, make up his solids, and eat together. I know it is a pain. Olivia used to do the same thing. So I just ate with her, ie give her a few spoonfuls, then have a few bites myself. Once she had finished hers I would finish mine, and kept her in the high chair and 'chatted' to her as I finished.........

Once she got onto finger foods (or at least finger food fruit for pudding) it seemed to stop.......

Yeh i was about to say eat at the same time he does Anna. Give him a spoon to hang onto also so he has something to look at and touch for those seconds youre eating yourself.

He eats with both DH and I at dinner time... but even with a spoon to play with he tends to scream if I am not continuously shovelling food into his gob! I've never seen any baby eat as fast and as enthusiasitcally as he does.
    Will persist and try again with eating at the same time as him I think.

My sister was the same - my parents used to eat in shifts, one eating and the other feeding my sister. If my dad tried to have a snack in another room my sister would charge up to him in the baby walker and demand some of his food too!

My sister isn't overweight or anything now, she has just always liked to eat and never liked people eating when she wasn't.