Thread: cuddle toys?

Question cuddle toys?

Just wondering when people have used toys for a baby to cuddle in bed? At what age? Abbey has very fidgety hands even when asleep, so likes to hold my hand (when we co sleep) but I thought that maybe something for her to hold would help her sleep by herself (I'm clutching at straws here lol). I was given one that has a teddy head but a blanket bit for the "body" IYKWIM, would that be ok? I just know that a cot isn't meant to have anything in it.
    Thanks heaps.

Matilda had a wrap that she took to bed with her even when she was not being wrapped anymore. She really loved texture at that time & wanted to finger something all the time, so I put a muslin wrap in with her & would have her hold it while I settled her. She still uses it & in fact I had to buy another one recently because no other wrap would do it had to have the same pattern....

Aidyn has a few things... he had a really soft teddy which had a pullstring and played a sweet lullabye - the musci box in the teddy broke after about a year, so we replaced him with a soft pullstring hippo which still goes to bed with him every night.
    He also has his blankies. They are the polar fleece wraps that we used to wrap him in when he was very little. I cut them into quarters so they were small enough for him to take to bed safely, and so that there would always be spares when the others were being washed - they are still going strong!
    And the last thing he has as a cuddle toy is DP's teddy from when he was a baby boy... its over 20years old, and pretty worn, but Aidyn loved it straight away... sooo sweet
    Now that he is older he takes all of them to bed, but when he was very little he just had his teddy, then I let him take the blankie quarters in with him from about 8 months.

Zander got a Christmas bear last year & he's had him in bed ever since, so he was about 9 months.

Jenna was still being wrapped then!! So we didn't have fidgety finger problems. But now she can take anything to bedshe likes. Often a small book, the latest is a soft banana in pyjamas keyring. Totally wierd, but she likes it so who am I to complain!
    Once she stopped being wrapped we used to give her an extra dummy to hold on to which she loved. But if you dont use dummies?? I think a little cuddle toy would be fine at this age?

I'm not sure what age Kimberley and Alex started cuddling toys in bed. Both have a dog to cuddle and they love the label on the bottom. Kimberley's dog doesn't have one on it anymore but she still rubs is bum to go to sleep.

TOri has just started sleeping with a teddy made out of sheepskin. She is still wrapped up because she is a fidgety little worm but sleeps with the bear pressed against her forhead so his feet are tickling her, looks a bit strange but it settles her to sleep almost instantly.