Thread: Day light savings and sleep

Question Day light savings and sleep

Does anyone have some tips?.....Day light savings is starting again here on sunday through till march 08.

I struggle to get my DS to sleep as it is(not a great sleeper this one) and i find it impossible to get him to sleep longer than 30-40mins when its light, and at night he wakes 2 hourly. He has a light blocking blind in his room but it still gets quite light in there. Do i just try to do things as normal? or maybe just put him to bed a little later?

TIA people

DS for many months had shorter day sleeps, and then woke 3hrly-ish over night. I wouldn't be too concerned. I wouldn't think paying for expensive blinds is the only way hehe. I've never darkened DS's room in the daylight.

I think it's good that he's distinguishing day & night sleeps differently for you. It's a start! Just go with what works.. he's only 3 months.. he doesn't know what time it is.. just keep following his tired signs and you'll probably find that you'll slip into a new 'summer' routine/rhythm.

I put aluminium foil on DD's windows, blocks most of the light from coming in... this is the cheap way out

Enchanted Guest

When my Mum moved into her new house and had no blinds up she put black rubbish bags on the windows and that blocked out heaps of sun. A bit daggy looking but it was cheap and worked!

As Liz said though he will find a routine... just takes time!