Thread: Day sleeps

Default Day sleeps

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had a bubba that went down to one sleep early?? Louis (1 week of 10 months) seems to be quite happy having one day sleep that will be around 2 - 2 1/2 hours and then sleep for about 12 - 12 1/2 hours overnight.

Yesterday I made sure he had two day sleeps and he wouldn't go to bed until 9.45pm!! Admitedly he's still asleep now (8.30am) but I much prefer when he's in bed at 7pm!

Is this too young to be having only 1 day sleep? Also sometimes when he only he has one he is a bit cranky before bedtime because he is tired but I suppose thats to be expected.

Thanks in advance!

Zander went through a phase like that for about a month at 10months old, but now at 16 months he's still on two sleeps most days depending on his night sleep. Sometimes he'll have two sleeps, sometimes one.

I think just follow his lead & he may go back to two sleeps, or he may just need the one from now on.

Jack has only ever had one sleep on days that he's at day care - too much to do there to go to sleep! For quite a while he'd still have two on days that he's home, but he stopped that early too. I think he was about 15 months when I finally had to go with the one nap a day as he just wouldn't sleep long enough at the first and still wouldn't sleep second time I put him down. I've heard of other kids that have one nap one day and two the next - maybe it's worth trying that for a while, not necessarily strictly alternating, but going with his cues? And if you do end up with one nap but find he's tired later, maybe try delaying the nap a little.

Good luck! I think two naps work best for mum!!

Melanie

I read somewhere recently that day sleeps start from about 9-15 months. Of course there are exceptions, but this seems to be the average!
    xoxo

One nap a day started around 2.5 yrs and she is now weening off them at 4yrs old..HTH

Kristie, Kynan has been having only 1 day sleep of around 2-3 hours since he was about 8 months I think. I found that if he had 2 sleeps he wouldn't go to sleep at night until really late. He probably sleeps for an average of 11 hours overnight.

Thanks guys!!

Angel - I think thats the way my little man is heading as well! He had 1 sleep today and then a nap for about 10min in the car this afternoon. I haven't heard a peep out of him since he's been in bed!

i dont think i am much help on the sleep topic, I am lucky if I can get Jackson down for an hour a day, and still wakes throught the night!!!