Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DD has eczema

Just thought of something else...Is your daughter formula fed?? If so, ask the Dr. about changing formulas. Ask about trying a goats milk formula or something like Pepti Jr. My son is on the goats milk. Also something my Dr said was that for some babies, creams don't work and when they don't ointments seem to work better for those babies. It is just trial and error. Don't let it get you upset, I know it is hard not to when your daughter is suffering and you can't find something to make it all go away for her, but keep persevering and you WILL find something that works for her skin.

Curly mentioned changing your washing powder. It is true. We changed Cohen's washing powder. We use ECOstore. It is plant and mineral based with no chlorine, bleach, phosphates and all those yucky things. Having said that you will have to wash all your things in the same washing powder too. Your clothes, sheets and so on because your baby comes in contact with everything in your house.Otherwise there is no point. We don't use any fabric softener but found out that we don't need to, the clothes are all soft and squeaky clean.

Forgot to add, someone mentioned the MEDI honey eczema cream....I was going to buy that too but like the pharmacist said to me be careful because she is still young you don't know if she has allergies to bees. You don't want to have to take her to hospital because she has had an adverse reaction.
    Last edited by rustygirl; July 11th, 2008 at 11:14 AM.

Yeh i was reading up and it said that breast milk can prevent eczema.

I started weaning her off, she is on full formula now. The eczema flare up did coincide with when she started on the bottle.

The doctor asked me that question but didnt say anything after that.

Also, I read up that I shouldnt wash my baby in water. What should I use then? I have tried olive oil in water but I think that makes it worse because her skin became more red.

use a specific bath oil that is safe for babies. it is very moisturising. no soap!!
    Alpha keri oil, dermaveen bath oil, qv bath oil and so on. go into the chemist and ask.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12