Thread: DD has some kind of rash????

Default DD has some kind of rash????

I just took DD's PJ's off, she was wearing a one piece suit to find she has a rash. It's under her arms and some on her hips, then I noticed she was also red on her knuckles and feet and ears, a couple of little splotches on her tummy.

It's red and in big splotchy patches, not little dots or anything. What kind of rash is this?? I have no idea. The only other time she's had a rash is when she had roseola.

She doesn't appear sick or anything, I didn't know anything was different until I took her PJs off.

Should I take her to the Dr?

TIA guys.

I checked her PJs and couldn't find anything that might have irritated her. Could it be some kid of allergic thing?? The only thing she has had different is some of DHs banana smoothie this morning. Could have been the milk, she has it on her porridge every morning but has never drank that much before, or maybe the nutmeg? That's the only different thing that was in it????

Could it be eczema, it could be a reaction to something she ate but if there are no spots as such it doesn't sound like hives but could be skin irritation.
    is it going down or getting worse, is she scratching at it at all?

If your worried maybe call nurse on call and ask them what they think, if not make an appt with your GP just to be sure.

Hope all is well.

Thanks ZF.

It does have some spots around the bigger ones but it's not like little dots everywhere like Roseola.

She's not bothered by it at all. Hasn't got any worse, maybe a bit better actually.

I am certainly no expert but it does kind of sounds like what happened when my DD was about 11 months old and she borke out in a rash ALL over. We found out she was allergic to dairy and eggs (even without realling giving her much at all) so I say always go to docs and check. IT could be viral, eczema or an allergic reaction.

Has she been unwell recently? Like with virus? I know many times when my girls have been unwell right at the end of the virus they break out.
    Sometimes they come on and go the next day and i never know what from

Hmm... I still have no idea. Nope, she hasn't been sick for ages and is absolutely fine now. It's still there but hasn't spread, just mainly under her arms. Strange!!

Have you changed your washing powder?

Ooh yes we have actually! Didn't think of that!

Oskar had a big rash on his tummy a while back. Doc said it was a contact allergic reaction... being something which had contact directly with his skin. I hadn't changed powders or anything!!! He gave us some Claratyne syrup and I put dermaid (.5%) on it cos it was itchy but it was fine within 24 hours then. It didn't get worse, possibly a bit better before we went to the doc, but I wasn't sure what it was which is why we went. I knew it wasn't measles or any of those things though. I would definitely keep a check on it especially if you think it could be the powder.

We haven't taken her to the dr yet as there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong with her. Today it's spread down her tummy a bit more but it doesn't look as bad, not as red or noticeable.

Will see how it is tomorrow.

Thanks so much guys.

Quote Originally Posted by BekZ View Post
    Have you changed your washing powder?
    That was my thought as well, it happened to DH and started as welts and by the time we got to hospital it was one big welt
    They did give him something for it, I think it was an anti histameine, but it was a good 10-12 years ago now I can't remember and he is out doing the shopping. But if it doesn't clear up by itself she might need a little help to get rid of it.

And maybe a new container of washing powder

I just checked and it's practically gone now! Phew! Must have been a reaction to something coz she hasn't gotten sick??

I only asked because I accidently bought a different washing powder and Eva has a similar rash. I re washed all her clothes and presto no more rash

Yeah I usually just get whatever is on special and recently bought a new one so it may have been that!

Yeah there was nothing else obviously wrong with Oskar either, it was just really itchy so I thought I'd just get it checked. I was pretty sure it wasn't anything nasty but it was bugging him. Doc thought probably washing powder but I hadn't changed it at all... so who knows!!! He was given Claratyne which is antihistamine.