Thread: Did you notice a reduction in night pees?

Default Did you notice a reduction in night pees?

Ok this may seem like a bizarre question!!! But DS has had a couple of nights now in a row where he doesn't wet his night nappy (and has done it previously in the past, and I just put it down to him being sick at the time - he's sick again now, but I'm not sure if thats a factor or just a coincidence).

However, when I change him out of his night nappy - he totally floods the next nappy, pee cruises everywhere!!!! (Quite frustrating when you use cloth!!!)

So is he getting to the stage where he needs to be put on the potty of a morning instead of a nappy? He knows where his doodle is, and sorta knows what we mean when we say that we are going to the toilet for a wee wee... but I don't think he would get the connection yet... but I'm sick of having to wash his pj's cos nothing will contain this morning flood (like it is HUGE).

And after listening to his daddy going to the toilet this morning for his morning pee - I'd reckon its fairly genetic for the huge morning pee!!! LOL

So has this happened to anyone else, or could it just be a stage and he will go back to wetting at night? Its so confusing..

I'd be popping him on potty when he wakes he may not do anything but he will work it out ...this is what my SIL did with her boy granted he was a little older the Aricyn but can't hurt to try

Thanks Rach... I guess I'll be buying a potty soon then!!!! (Just what I need at this time.. to be trying to toilet train a toddler!!)

if he is waking with a dry night nappy he could very well be a easy thing for you IYKWIM!! maybe he is being nice and trying to get out of nappies before bubs arrives

Mel, definitely yes. Jack did the same thing. He was actually night trained before being fully day trained. He started wetting his nappy only once every few nights, and then we'd sit him on the toilet before putting another nappy or undies on him in the morning. After a while he asked to wear undies to bed. He still wasn't dry every night, but I took the chance that it was because he had the nappy on and could wee. It seemed to work, he wet a few times but not often, and with a waterproof matress cover it was no big deal. Of course by this stage he was semi-day trained, so you are probably not up to undies at night yet, but I would definitely be starting to TT, and sitting him on the toilet or potty for his morning wee would be a good start.

Just bear in mind that he will probably regress when bub arrives, so take a softly-softly approach and maybe get into more concentrated TT in a few months when things have settled down.

And after all the money I just spent on cloth nappies the little bugger does this to me....lol

Thanks MR - I was hoping you would pop in here with some advice!!!

OK... I'll buy a potty and see what happens!!!!!

Thanks guys

Like the others have said, get him a potty for him to sit on in the morning. I have found since Emily arrived, Nina is a lot keener to use the toilet than before. We've been teaching her that Nina is a big girl, and Emily is a little girl, and she thinks that since she's a big girl now, she does what mummy does, and uses the toilet (she won't use a potty).
    Don't worry, next bub will get plenty of use out of the mcn!! (or you can send some my way )

Mel....I know when cooper needs to do a poo, and if I can I quickly get the nappy off and sit him on the potty....yesterday I sat him on the potty for 10 mins after lunch while he watched the wiggles, he did a wee in there but I am not sure he knows what it means.

Well I told him before that mummy needed to do wee wees, and he took my hand and walked with me to the toilet and waited while I did my business... yup.. I think he's getting ready... LOL

And jodi - haha!!! You sneaky girl... lol

Jack TT not long after I bought MCN too Mel. Seems to be a pattern LOL!

BTW, like Jodi's DD, Jack would never use a potty either - mummy and daddy use the toilet so that's what he wanted. But we did get him a kiddy seat and step.

Quote Originally Posted by MantaRay View Post
    BTW, like Jodi's DD, Jack would never use a potty either - mummy and daddy use the toilet so that's what he wanted. But we did get him a kiddy seat and step.
    That's what I bought Nina, and she loves it.

Hmm... thats a thought.. might try that... thanks guys

Absolutely put him on the potty in the morning!
    We use cloth on our DD too. She started to do this (dry nappy all night then huge wee after waking) from about 12.5 months. I figured it would be easier to dump the wee in the toilet rather than wash it out of the nappy.
    So, I started putting her on the potty as soon as I got her up for the day. (Just the time I needed to use the toilet too) She 'got it' very quickly - a big smile across her face as she did a big wee.
    For my DD I'm not worried about training her to hold on or know when to go, but teaching her to empty her bladder when she's put on the toilet. She really loves it, points to her potty excitedly whenever she sees it (it lives in the bathroom).
    This should be an easy first step to toilet training for you (and fewer nappies to wash - yay!).

All the best :-)

I've recently discovered something similar with DD... she plays quietly in her cot when she wakes (some mornings) and I found if I didn't get her up in time I would have to wash all her linen as well! I'm thinking of getting a potty but still in two minds about it all...

I got a potty seat today - one that goes on the big toilet....

I'll try him on it on the weekend (if I'm not having a baby that is!!)

That sounds like what we have mel. Like I said before, Nina loves it. Just the last couple of evenings, just before we put her to bed, she wants to sit on the toilet to do wees. Sometimes she does one, sometimes she doesn't.