Thread: Did your 1 year old go through an unsettled period?

Default Did your 1 year old go through an unsettled period?

Natalie has been a great sleeper the last few months (which is a relief because the first months of her life were pretty ordinary ) but lately she hates her bed and doesn't want to settle for sleep. This has been going on for a few weeks now and seems to be getting worse. I am trying to settle her in the cot and she seems reassured by my presence. But as soon as I try to leave she gets very upset, even when she is soooo close to going to sleep.
    I don't mind patting her to sleep (though sometimes it takes a long time) but I wonder what's caused the change and if that's common for her age?
    TIA for sharing your experiences...

I remember when Nina turned 1 she went through a major growth development and was really out of sorts for a few weeks. She wouldn't end up going to bed till really late, like 10pm some nights, even though her usual bedtime is around 6.30/7pm. If we tried putting her to bed any earlier she'd scream the house down. She was throwing tantrums quite often during the day as well. This only lasted a few weeks, maybe about a month, and she snapped out of it.

Amy I have been wondering the same as Laila has been really hard to settle of a night the last few weeks also..its becoming quite stressfull and im starting to dread bedtime. I can only hope its a short phase.

Thanks girls.
    Jodi: Oh, Natalie has been getting frustrated easily to the point of tantrums during the day too! I'm so glad it passed after a few weeks for you guys. Hopefully it will for us too. Thanks for the reassurance
    Linz: I so KWYM about dreading bedtime! Particularly if we have people over - sometimes it can take an hour and a bit before she's asleep I too hope it passes quickly for them.

I still have no problems of a night getting Chelsea to bed and sleep...but day times have gotten worse.