Thread: Dihorrea

Question Dihorrea

Hi,
    My DS has had dihorrea for a fair few days now... he had a slight temp and wasnt looking the best a few days ago, but he came good. I thought maybe it was his teeth, (2yr molars) but he has never had it this long. He hasnt been vomiting either. I cut out dairy products for 4 days and am re introducing them slowly, watered down milk etc... Yesterday he didnt poo but today he has done dihorrea again.. Should i take him to the drs?? Or assume its just teeth?
    TIA Jen

How has his diet been? Has he been eating many unusual things with Christmas / New Years, maybe that has done it? Eating lots of fruit can do it as well....

he has been eating alot of chocolate, i have been trying not to give it to him but his aunt (who lives with us) seems to give it to him all the time, even when i say not to! But she hasnt given it to him today and i have only had the one bad nappy today.
    So hmmmm i dunno. If he still has it tomorrow i will take him to the drs...

Melinda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by scorpiomum View Post
    he had a slight temp and wasnt looking the best a few days ago, but he came good.
    From the sounds of that, he may have had a little bit of a bug in his system. I know that on some occasions when Jacob has caught a bit of a bug he will get the trots a few days later as it works it's way through his system! Generally by that time all other symptoms are gone and he doesn't seem to be phased by it at all IYKWIM.

As always, if you're concerned, take him to the Doctor. There's nothing like peace of mind.