Thread: Do babies tend to bite when teething?

Default Do babies tend to bite when teething?

Hi,
    DS is 4 months old and has one teeth, or should I say half teeth .. as it is still growing . These last two days he has been unsettled again. Last night he woke up every hour / two hour and he wasnt drinking properly. He looked hungry but when he attached on the breast he wouldnt suck but sort of biting the nipple.
    I tried to said the firm 'no' yesterday when he bite (I read about this suggestion on a thread here), but today I realised that there is a white bump next to his current tooth, so I am thinking he is cutting another tooth. Before I thought this was another growth spurt.
    I am just wondering what are your experience with teething cause I am having these questions on my mind now.
    Does bub tend to bite when teething?
    Do baby become unsettled for every tooth they grow? From what I've heard, molars are even worse

Thanks in advance

I have found that they do often bite when they get those first teeth. It usually lasts just a day or two per tooth, and happened for the maybe the first 4 teeth or so. It does hurt, but you will get to know when he's about to do it so you can stop it. And it doesn't last long. GL, I hope you don't get too many more bites!!

Yes and yes

My DS still gets chompy when he's cutting a new tooth. That's usually the first sign, even before the grumpyness starts.
    He also gets veerrry unsettled at night - most nights now he sleeps through but when he's got a tooth coming he will wake up every two hours.....he's getting a molar now and I was up to him 4 times last night

Thanks for the replies Mantaray and Tobily
    He is not himself today and still off his normal feed. Poor little guy, he looks hungry but in such a pain that he wont drink. Still waking up several times last night though I already gave him panadol. I was supposed to bring him to immunization today, but I rescheduled cause last time he had a bad reaction to the rotavirus vaccine.
    Aaaww, there are still so many teeth to come so I really hope he wont be like this for every tooth he is cutting
    GL with the molars, Tobily.

Thanks aglinra Seems to be over the worst of it already thank goodness! Until the next one that is