Thread: Do babies/toddlers/children feel the cold like adults do?

Default Do babies/toddlers/children feel the cold like adults do?

Just curious.

DD can have the coldest hands and doesnt seem to care yet when my hands are cold, they are painful and I just can think about anything else until I warm up.

Or sometimes if I am dressing DD and I have cold hands she doesnt even seem to care yet if someone touched me with cold hands I would jump a mile.

They also seem to wiggle out of blankets (we have a sleep bag but still...) and dont seem to care.

I would have thought that there small bodies with not much fat on them would get cold a lot quicker.

Anyway just some random thoughts and wondered if anyone knew just another of the complexities of these little people.

ive always been told, dress a child how u dress urself

so if ur cold & rug up do the same with them

i check on my DS throughout the night & keep recovering him over OR i dress him in extra clothes to compensate for when he doesnt have blankets on him

my Ds the other night was jumping around from my cold hands when trying to change his bottom so im guessing they do feel it!

You know, I've often wondered the same thing. My son refuses to sleep with socks on and kicks the blanket off, so we've gotten pj's with feet in!

Sorry I couldn't be of any help

You know, I've often wondered the same thing. My son refuses to sleep with socks on and kicks the blanket off, so we've gotten pj's with feet in!

Sorry I couldn't be of any help

I think they do but they don't care! Fun and exploring is more important than comfort to them I'm sure!

My little naked person rarely wears clothes but definitely feels the cold as she tends to wear a blanket inside (Jedi robe style) and will demand beanie, slippers and a jumper (nothing else) to go outside, and comes in complaining about the cold if she gets wet.

My other one doesn't notice the cold at all. She literally can't tell that it is cold outside, even when everything is covered in ice. She only wears jumpers if I tell her to or if it is over 35 degrees and she decides it is cold. She also doesn't notice when she gets burnt. However, I think she is unusual and you can't say this of other kids.