Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Boys need... Do girls need...

I would think you could never plan for that kind of thing. It's like having a second ONLY because you want the other one not to be lonely. Three families i know did that and the siblings hated and still do hate each other.
    As for me I had one of each, and you know what , I would say now I'd keep them, but I'd love an older brother and/or sister (Im the oldest). Are we EVER happy!!!! xoxoxo

I have 3 brothers and 1 sister. Growing up, I felt I "needed" my brothers, because I adored them. As an adult, this feeling has grown, I still "need" them and crave their company, but I only "need" my sister very occasionally.

But like the others have said, that MAY be a personality thing rather than a gender issue?

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I'm another one who doesn't think it really matters. I was closer to one of my brothers in particular but I think that was due to the fact the I was closest to him in age and he still lived at home when I was growing up. And I'm sure we still would be because we had that bond but he's married to a heinous b!tch so I don't see or hear from him.

However I think if you're going to have only 3 then maybe just let nature take it's course. I mean if everyone said that boys need brothers and girls need sisters you're not going to have 4 children and sway each time are you? And if you can only sway once which would you choose? Best left to nature me thinks, but of course that is only my opinion

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I am second oldest in a family of 3 girls and the youngest is a boy. The youngest 2 (girl then boy) are only 16 months apart & have been best friends forever. They go out to clubs & parties together now at 22 & almost 21. My older sister doesn't really get along with any of us!

My brother has never mentioned wanting a brother himself that I know of. He had great fun growing up - wearing tutus and playing with dolls. He loved having his nails done although when he got to school age it was only his toenails I remember him & my sister always swapping their swimmers too for some reason LOL!

And as for being in a house full of women, my brother is far from being feminine! He works on his car constantly and is definately a blokey bloke. Although he is very sensitive as well which may just be his personality or could have come from being around us all the time.

Fire Fly Guest

Lol Fletch, was wondering when youd pop your head in. Totally know where your coming from though, all of you for that matter.
    We just want whats best for our kids so if that meant gender swaying id certainly give it damn good go. There are so many sides to the coin though. Not every case is the same.
    Im babbling sorry. Not all siblings get on is what im trying to say so there would be no guarantee that id get peace and harmony if i chose the perfect sex. Whatever that happens to be.

Thanks again, ive enjoyed reading all about your growing up experiences. Ill just let nature takes it course i think. And give lots of love and support and teach them to be nice, lol.

I don't know what they need, but I have one of each. My bro (with 2 sisters) is the most balanced guy. He's not embarassed to go anywhere or buy anything and can talk about everything without getting embarrassed. I'm close to both.
    While it's nice, it's what nature intends.

I have an older brother & 2 younger sisters. I have been closer to different one at different times - I guess it just depends on who is in a similar stage of their life.

My sisters & I have agreed we like having 2 sisters because you are always annoyed with 1 and then you can b*tch to the other - works out well for us

DH is 1` of 5 kids and has 2 brothers & 2 sisters, from observing them I have noticed that the sisters are reasonably close now (but weren't growing up) and the brothers are close when they see each other but they also don't think its odd to go several months with out ringing each other.

I guess in the end you get used to what you have.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12