Thread: Do they sense whats growing????

Fire Fly Guest

Default Do they sense whats growing????

My DD has been ridiculously clingy and im sure its because im pg. She is 2 so and not usually a clingy kid. Not like this anyway. I cant even sit on the computer without her sitting on my lap.
    Shes always stroking my face and if by chance i can sit by myself she keeps saying "mum". Im just there on the other lounge.
    We live in a shed (not for much longer) so its not like i can lose her, theres no rooms to escape to. Oh except the loo.

Anyone else out there have the same trouble. Its sweet really.
    Do you reakon its cause she knows. I havent told her either because i think its to early.

Custardtart Guest

It's entirely possible that she's picked up on your mood change and is responding to it.

Kerrie (2)

Hi Kerrie

My two year old is very un-clingy too. But a month or so back he had a very clingy stage... so it is a usual part of development. Some just have it longer than others

Mason wasn't really clingy, but he would always lift up my top and pat my tummy and hug it. After Angus was born he never did it again. Guess he knew what was going on.

katanya Guest

I haven't got another baby in the oven just yet, but when I was pregnant, a friend's daughter who was 12mths old walked up to me and patted my tummy, she seemed to know instinctively that there was a baby in there...without being told..

Maybe babies have use of other senses that we lose(or become desensitised to) as we get older? :-k

Has anyone ever seen the movie "Baby Geniuses"? it was about the concept that babies under 2, actually know the meaning to life etc..but when they "cross over"(learn to talk) they lose that ability and become stupid well lose their gifts..only fictional but hey maybe there's something in it?

My cat will run up to any PG woman and hug her belly, he will lay in her lap with both fore legs wrapped around her bump and will put his head down and purr.... and our cat ONLY purrs on a PG belly...thats the only time we've ever heard him pur, and he is also not a lap cat.... weird :-k

Hi kerrie

Glad to see everything is going well, just wanted to say COOL AVATAR!!

love elissa
    :smt057 Me21 DH28
    4/9/02

I think so Kerrie. Kids are pretty smart, I think they do sense something is happening. I still think Nicholas sensed something when I was pregnant as he was clingy but when I had to have complete rest he knew not to make me get up every minute for something. He got is nanna to do that!!

Fire Fly Guest

Cool replies.
    Christy, that cat sounds freaky but cool.
    Widdly, thanks it is good hey.
    She has just started asking me to show her my belly. Spins me out cause we havent talked about it.
    With the selling of our property and the recent purchase of another one that is 4 hrs away we havent really had a chance to enjoy being pg.
    Sad but thats life i guess.