Thread: dodgy dummies

Default dodgy dummies

I was just browsing through baby section on the 'Choice' website and I checked out the tests on dummies....wow there are some scary ones out there! Imagine finding your baby with their dummy wholly inside their mouth and back to front! So many mothers have! Arg!
    Anyway, I would recommend checking out the site....I think I'll be changing Caty's dummy....

ETA: if this should be in the recommend a product section, please move it....I posted and then realised it perhaps should be there instead....

Hey chocolatecatty

I just read that yesterday too...I was so surprised! The dummies that I had thought were the best (not that I really knew, I just thought these looked good quality) were actually the worse...

Wow that is an interestig report, it is amazing that someting so readily available in the shops can cause sch a danger to babies. The brand that failed the most I thought would be one of the best, although I am glad to see the dummies we use in the pass group.

Can't go past the basic happy dummy in a cherry teat
    Are the Nuk ones still the bad ones? There was a bit of a hoop-la about this about 12m ago.

Yep...you're right Fi!

Debbie Lee Guest

Gab's always used the Nuk ones and I haven't had a problem with them... but she's got my teeny-tiny mouth so that might have something to do with it

I was given a Nuk one but refuse to use it for Jesse. I read they were bad too because of the size of the dummy shield. The one i have is for 6 months + and i reckon Jesse could fit it in his mouth now if he tried.
    We use the Avent ones for him. He seems to like them better than any others. I think theyre nice looking too.

NewmumLou Guest

wow, i am going to check it out now.... thanks