Thread: does this lovely feeling always stay?

Default does this lovely feeling always stay?

DS is now just over 6 months old and an absolute joy. Every night when I see him sleeping my heart melts, and the other night I cried while joy while BF because I felt so lucky. He just is so wonderful. Will I still feel like this when he is 2, or 4 or 8? Or 18??

With Alexzander at almost 2 I can say the feeling is definitely still there

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

The feeling of love / luckiness has never gone with my two, who are 4.5 & 2, but there are definitely times where you feel like you could throw them out the window LOL But definitely the fun keeps on coming, I thought I would enjoy the baby stage most because they are all cute, tiny and cuddly, but every time a new age comes, I love it too - each age offers something new and beautiful. They are such a crack up too as they get older and become little people (and try to be older than they are!!!). There are hard stages, but the good ones are great. Harder stages get easier with little ones.
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children

BellyBelly Birth & Early Parenting Immersion - Find out how to have a BETTER, more confident birth experience... guaranteed!
    Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know

Nope it wont end, Maddy is 8 & I still love so many moments that I share with her & I can go into her room in the morninmg cursing to myself about all her crap she collects & dumps on the floor in the middle of her room,but I lay next to her & kiss her & she stirs but doesnt wake & so i get a strand of hair & tickle her face with it & she hates it, but just doesnt wake up, it's funnY & then I lay there watchung her sleep & remember the times I wuld wtach her in her cot etc... It goes so so fast, but I have loved every age & I think it will continue..

With Indah I am the same I open her door in the morning when I hear her singing & she is laying squished in a corner of the cot with a handful of her hair & smiling & then she says "Hello Mumma" moves so quickly to get her arms up in the air for me to pick her up!

I love new born babies But I ahve also loved every moment with the girls til their current ages..

I know my Mum still burst with pride when her 3 daughters are around, as does Dad!!!

Kirsty77 Guest

Definitely doesn't ever end. Had to laugh at what Kelly said...you could throw them out the window some days...hehehe....totally been there..........but even now when Gem is fast asleep I will just stand there and watch her in total awe. The fun and special times just keep coming. My girls are my greatest achievement and mean the absolute world to me....they are my world.

Quote Originally Posted by BellyBelly View Post
    The feeling of love / luckiness has never gone with my two, who are 4.5 & 2, but there are definitely times where you feel like you could throw them out the window LOL
    This about sums it up for me too LOL.

I don't think it ends either.. DS is almost 2 as well and he is just gets more gorgeous as every day passes, I often wonder how lucky we are to have him...

I look at my girls laughing at each other or madison kissing Charlotte i get all teared up, I love them soooooo much, It makes my heart melt when Madison tells me that she loves me, or kiss's me, Children are so beautiful.

Nope, for me it just gets better and better with each stage. They drive me mad, but I love them so much it makes me want to cry.

Preggie hormone girl Fletch
    I have lots of phases, from sheer joy, to laughter to the throwing out the window thing too. OMG - these little bundles are biggest challenge we could ever choose to put in our paths!!

my little boy will be 1 next sunday and i can honestly say that i fall in love more and more each day - i can't imagine my life without him - he is with out a doubt the most amazing thing i have done in my life - i adore and love him with all my heart

Debbie Lee Guest

Awwww 6 months is such a great age. Gab was a delight from 6 months to 12 months. Then she got sick (eye teeth, viral infections) and wasn't the same after that! LOL Naah not really. I just remember it being pretty cruisey apart from teething times. They do go through stages where it's just so easy and cruisey! You just wanna cuddle them and eat them up. Then there's times (like the last 2 weeks for us!) that test your patience! Still love her to death tho... hehehe. That'll never change!

MUMMY4LIFE is offline .: ~ Don't regret anything that ever made you smile ~ :.

All I know is that DH & I are extremely blessed to have such beautiful children....DS is now 3, but I swear that he is still in the midst of terrible 2's. Just the same, at the end of the day, after a day full of tears and tantrums, bedtime approaches and I wouldn't give them up for all the money in the world. I treasure every moment, especially the love & affection DS, shows his baby sister...and the way she smiles back and giggles. I will always love them no matter what. The love I feel for them is at times quite overwhelming and my heart feels like it is going to burst.....something so strong and powerful could never fizzly out.

I so understand what everyone is saying. Before I had my son, I had just no idea when mothers used to ramble on about their little ones, but now I know why.

My son wasn't planned, and his father is not in our lives as he decided he wasn't ready. My life was so selfish before my son, and now, I just look at him, and I truly understand it when they say your 'heart swells'. I would do anything for him.

Its almost like you love them so much that it hurts. I have found that motherhood has softened me, to the point where I don't like just how much! I am SO extra sensitive to things I hear on the news, like babies dying or any harm coming to children, I cry when I hear it. And sometimes it can stay with me for hours.

But yes, i absolutely adore motherhood. I am always saying 'I just so love this age!!'

Girls I love what you all have written! Thank you for sharing!

DH and I want 3 kidlets, and would like a close gap. So we are TTC #2 ATM but I am getting what I think are understandable nerves about how we'll cope! But Lucy - I just checked out your website - it cemented my decision - I can't wait for this lovely feeling to grow and envelope Flynn's siblings!!!