Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does my 1 year old have big feet for her age?

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

Default Does my 1 year old have big feet for her age?

I just wondered what the average shoe size for a 1 year old is? DD is almost 13 months and is in size 4 shoes. She's quite tall for her age as well so I'm told. Her dad is about 6"2 and I'm about 5"1 so she gets her tallness from her dad that's for sure. When she stands her head already comes to the top of my hip. She's got very long legs so is it normal for a tall baby to have such big feet?

dont see why it wouldnt be normal. itd look kinda silly if a tall person had short feet.

MY DS is 14 months and wears size 5. they are a little big but the size 4 were too snug for him so we went with the 5's. Sounds pretty normal to me....But then again they both might have big feet..LOL....When I look at DS, his feet don't look big just normal size compared to the rest of him.

where cosmopolitans and margaritas flow all night

So does she sound tall for her age?

kirsty_lee Guest

lol oh god... my 11 m.o is in 4's

Sounds perfectly normal to me. Given that her dad is so tall, I wouldn't be concerned about it. If there was anything alarming about her size they would have mentioned it at her 12 month check up. Sounds to me like you have a little lady who is going make a lot of boys swoon and girls jealous...I would have killed for long legs..LOL I'm a shorty too 5"4

I recently brought shoes for DS and as he has wide feet they had to be size 7's but I think that is in the baby size so not sure what the converts to in kids/childs size. Not sure if there is a difference either.
    I am a shorty but Dp is about 6" and DS is quite tall and big for his age. God bless him he is learning to walk in shoes.

Size 4 is about the average size for little ones that age. THey can vary so much between brands too. So I don't think she as great big canoes that you will struggle to find shoes for LOL. Taller kids don't necessarily have larger feet either - my DD2 is really quite tall but only has average size feet.

i cant remember what size my DD was wearing at that age but she's now 2.5 and she wears a size 9!!!! lol she has big feet. but so do i, and both her dad and i are tall, so it was to be expected

My DS is 4 and Is almost in Size 1... LOL. He never fitted in those shoft baby shoes.

My DD is 10 months and in baby size 3-4

Flynn is 12mths and wearing size 5. They are a bit big but the size 4 is too small! I try an not have any shoes on him unless he is outside it's better for them to be barefoot.

Mia is 5 months and already in size 2. By one.. im expecting... 6.. mayb 7 lol. but me, i have size 12 feet.

Hollye- Me too well size 11-12. its so hard to buy shoes,. I hope my baby girl has dainty feet but i doubt it. Boys arent so bad with Big feet cos they make big sizes but ladies not many big shoes at all... whioch is why i live in things or am bare foot 80% of the time

My DS is in size 5 shoes. He is about 78-79cm tall.

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulMadness View Post
    dont see why it wouldnt be normal. itd look kinda silly if a tall person had short feet.
    Yep!

I'm 175cm - so not THAT tall really - but with Women's size 12 feet. I would look very, very silly with small feet!

Not sure about toddlers, but I was in ladies size 10 by the time I was 10!

My husband is 6'3'' with men's size 12 feet so we are expecting a tall, big footed child. By the constant pain in my ribs I can safely say it feels that way!

DS is 15 months and in size 5 shoes as well, he's around 81-82cm tall.
    I'm 5ft 1 and DH is 6ft 1 so hopefully he'll get his father's height lol

Wow, my DD must have small feet....at almost 2 she's only in a 5! And she's average height, if not a little tall height wise! I guess I have small feet, but I'm a bit of a shorty, so maybe she gets her height from her dad and feet from me, LOL!

Hi my son is 15 months & is tall for his age,but is only in a size 5 shoe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast