Thread: Does spewing mean she had too much?

Default Does spewing mean she had too much?

If DD spews after a feed does it mean she's being a little piggy and has had too much??
    Or is it just a baby thing that they do and means nothing??

if shes not distressed its probably just normal possetting, millie is doing the same at the moment

Could be she's just a happy chucker, SJ. The lower oesophageal sphincter in a baby is pretty weak and milk just pushes on past. Could be that she's taken on a bit too much milk, but you can't really tell... Unfortunately it's just a messy situation that she'll grow out of.
    (Provided of course that its not reflux which would be very painful for her and the chucking wouldn't be 'effortless' IYKWIM?)

SugarDust Guest

Lachlan does it to but at every feed!

Miss A does this alot too Sara.... It's pretty common. But yeah, always makes me wonder if she's full or not too!!

Harmony always takes too much milk and has it come back out her mouth...

If its just running out, not being "thrown" up, its all good... possiting is normal as long as she isn't hungry and still wetting heaps... I feed Harmony with a bib on her now to catch it, I got sick of changing her top after every feed...

BJ always use to vomit after some feeds. Alot of the times it was cause he'd had too much, though the Paed reckons it was cause I had a very fast flow.