Thread: does whining increase before crawling?

Default does whining increase before crawling?

My little Flynnie seems to be on the verge of crawling, but is also whining alot ATM. He has up till now been a really easy going bub but lately has got into a really whingy/sooky kind of mood. His teeth aren't through yet and he had his immunisations recently, but I don't think it is pain, more frustration. He does alot of his whining while writhing around on the floor. Have other bubs undergone similar mood changes just before a major change like crawling or walking?

Matilda goes through a behavioural "challange" for around 2 weeks before each developmental change. So at 9 months she started having great tantrums and at 9 1/2 months she started walking, at 11 months she picked up the tantrums again and at 12 months she started putting 2 words together etc etc etc... it got to one point where I was wondering what was going to happen next because of her behaviour.

Oh! Yeah as well she stopped sleeping during the night, she would be awake for 2 hours in the middle of the night. Almost every major developmental milestone was pre-empted by no sleep.

I'd say it's just driving him nuts that he can't move yet LOL! Probably once he gets going the whining will stop

I was just going to say that their whining gets exponentially worse as they increase in age At least in our case!!!

I htink it has a lot to do with developmental milestones. Erin was my worst by far - first it was cause she couldn't sit up, and then when she mastered that she was grizzly cause she couldn't move, then once she started crawling it eased off a bit. It wasn't too bad just before she started walking, cause she was already shuffling upright on her knees, so walking was just a progression of that.

I hope it is because he either wants to get moving or his teeth come through.

NewmumLou Guest

Yep .... welcome to my life! Joshua is so frustrated as he wants to move around and keep up with all his older cousins but unfortunatly cant. This week when all his cousins were here i put him in his walker and at least he was standing facing them! Hopefully this phase will be over for both of us soon!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I wondered this Sammy has been squealing loudy and shreking with lips pursed.
    Hope it is just a phase.

Charlie did this - he would get soo angry for about 3 weeks before he started to crawl and then he just started moving - he also got whingy then coz he couldn't go quick enough -LOL! now he hardly ever whinges - but is very hard to catch!